• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
So I'm working on the 100cc Yak yesterday, just about to start working on tidying up my dual receiver install when I hear this crackling noise from out in the street. I saw the neighbor in his yard across the way so I figured it was him doing something. Suddenly, I hear a loud POP then more loud cracking, as I whip around to view a large branch of one of our pepper trees breaking off and falling into the street :eek::eek::eek::eek:

20150923_180154_resized.jpg

(Jeep Grand Cherokee with hazards on peeking through the limbs for comparison)

Had to get out the saws and start hacking away at it, couldn't leave it in the street since it's a busy-ish location with plenty of street traffic. Killed all the rest of the energy I had for the rest of the day so I had to put the Yak away with a mess of a wiring harness inside :rolleyes::oblong::(

BalsaDust

image.jpg

Peeled the covering back to expose the damage to my Carden cap from its incident yesterday. Nice little crack all the way down the side of the fuse.

So I'm working on the 100cc Yak yesterday, just about to start working on tidying up my dual receiver install when I hear this crackling noise from out in the street. I saw the neighbor in his yard across the way so I figured it was him doing something. Suddenly, I hear a loud POP then more loud cracking, as I whip around to view a large branch of one of our pepper trees breaking off and falling into the street :eek::eek::eek::eek:

View attachment 41937
(Jeep Grand Cherokee with hazards on peeking through the limbs for comparison)

Had to get out the saws and start hacking away at it, couldn't leave it in the street since it's a busy-ish location with plenty of street traffic. Killed all the rest of the energy I had for the rest of the day so I had to put the Yak away with a mess of a wiring harness inside :rolleyes::oblong::(
Yikes! Bet that guy in the Cherokee had to go change something after that!:steamer: :LOL_gif: