• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok trying to build a mini 5 inch bench top sander. That I can just place next to me and while fitting parts together this little sander can be running all the time. So this will allow me just to go back and fourth with the part until it is just right. Not finished yet but working on it. have to come with a table and power source. The drive is done and the 5 inch disc is made. The drive is made from old 1/12 scale electric car parts.
DDAF0FAF-9A88-430B-873B-FF32A761A933.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok spent the last couple of days making cad drawings. Had an old fuselage the tail section only from a 20cc Edge. It was only the tail feathers and about 10 inches forward from the rudder that was left. Also a pair wings cannot remember what they were from it was some kind of sporty plane. So decided to make a drawing that will match the wings to the fuselage and draw up the fuselage that looks half decent. This is just an exercise to pass time and I need a winter plane or cold weather plane that I can throw in the car to go flying. And it needs to be electric. Have one winter plane on skies but changing back and forth between wheels and skies is getting old.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
This is exciting found a gentleman in Canada that will cut all the bulkheads for me at reasonable price. Payed the person now let’s see what I get. This will really help me build this plane from two smashed planes. Just fun to do something out of the ordinary. But I must say this really opens a couple of doors for me.
Don’t know if I am going to do build thread on this, or just an update once in a while in the workshop.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Designed made the drawings and Built this plane in 2004/2005. Love the plane and flew well but the twin glow was difficult to deal with and just nicked myself a couple of times and after that I called it quits until I can come up with a better power system.
Any way last season had 80mm ducted fan Havoc jet plane that did not last long. Elevator servo failed new plane and that was the end of that plane. But have the Fan, ESC and a set of retracts left over from the plane.
I was thinking of making a small Delta winged plane that will fit the size of Fan and the retracts. Will mount the Fan on top of the wing at the CG I think not sure if it should be on the CG or A little after the CG. If someone knows please let me know. Better get started with some number crunching to know how heavy it will be and the weight compared to the wing area and watts per pound.
If anyone has any experience in delta plane any guidance will be appreciated..

1926A3B4-B13E-4DB3-B4E8-02EBBFE8F661.jpeg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Micromark has good stuff but i usually end up with other brands. My small disk sander and table saw are both Brynes, mini lathe and mini mill are Unimat and Sherline, other bench top machines (Belt sander, scroll saw, drill press, chip saw) are Delta, etc. Whatever brand though, tools are fun to but and use.