• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Just finished another little project painted and mounted floats on this Monster, LOL!!!!! just in time to fly off the side walk in the morning. before I blow the snow off the side walk with my leave blower. Temps in the morning here in Rapid City SD 6 degrees. This is the perfect plane to step out side fly for three minutes land and come right back in LOL!!!!!!
Timber.jpg

BalsaDust

Just finished another little project painted and mounted floats on this Monster, LOL!!!!! just in time to fly off the side walk in the morning. before I blow the snow off the side walk with my leave blower. Temps in the morning here in Rapid City SD 6 degrees. This is the perfect plane to step out side fly for three minutes land and come right back in LOL!!!!!!View attachment 113243

I love my UMX Timber and it fly's awesome off of floats. I have flown mine more since I got it than I have anything else in my fleet.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I just ordered one of the new UMX Turbo Timber. This one has a larger motor and Beefier gear and a 3 blade prop also ordered floats for it will 3D with the floats on Great for a back yard plane LOL!!!!!

BalsaDust

I just ordered one of the new UMX Turbo Timber. This one has a larger motor and Beefier gear and a 3 blade prop also ordered floats for it will 3D with the floats on Great for a back yard plane LOL!!!!!

I’m thinking of getting one. If I do it may get the floats I have a be a water bird only and I will continue to trash my other UMX timber. Also thinking of ordering the more powerful motor for the stock one to wake it up more.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Here is one I did in my Work shop years Ago. A Scratch built Australian Nomad That I bought from a Very good friend of mine from Gillette Wyo that he crashed and I rebuilt it. the horizontal fin is a flying stab and the wing is three sections. The fuse is in two sections bolted together with four 6/32 machine screws The bottom was open that I dropped four large sky divers, that were radio controlled with directional shoots.One of the Featured Planes at the Rally of the Giants 2001 video. I flew this plane at many Airshow here in the North West for years, Finally Sold it to a friend here in Rapid City that owns Flags and Wheel's Amusement Center to put on display. I some times wish I had never sold it
nomad.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Here is one I did in my Work shop years Ago. A Scratch built Australian Nomad That I bought from a Very good friend of mine from Gillette Wyo that he crashed and I rebuilt it. the horizontal fin is a flying stab and the wing is three sections. The fuse is in two sections bolted together with four 6/32 machine screws The bottom was open that I dropped four large sky divers, that were radio controlled with directional shoots.One of the Featured Planes at the Rally of the Giants 2001 video. I flew this plane at many Airshow here in the North West for years, Finally Sold it to a friend here in Rapid City that owns Flags and Wheel's Amusement Center to put on display. I some times wish I had never sold itView attachment 113251
Very cool.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Here is one I did in my Work shop years Ago. A Scratch built Australian Nomad That I bought from a Very good friend of mine from Gillette Wyo that he crashed and I rebuilt it. the horizontal fin is a flying stab and the wing is three sections. The fuse is in two sections bolted together with four 6/32 machine screws The bottom was open that I dropped four large sky divers, that were radio controlled with directional shoots.One of the Featured Planes at the Rally of the Giants 2001 video. I flew this plane at many Airshow here in the North West for years, Finally Sold it to a friend here in Rapid City that owns Flags and Wheel's Amusement Center to put on display. I some times wish I had never sold itView attachment 113251

Would you by any chance have any good good pictures of the fuselage connection. I would like to get rid of my minivan and get some thing else, and may have to split the fuselage to fit the new car or sell the planes.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
When I sold the Plane I also give the guy all the blue prints and molds for the engine cowlings, But I will look through all my photo's, and post them,if I have some. the two fuse square bulk heads had triangle 1/4 ply with blind nuts installed in the back half with the 1/4 ply triangle pieces with the holes for the machine screws in the front half The bottom of the front half of the fuse is open to drop the ski diver's which made it easy to bolt together, Oh and the rear head bulk has four line up dowels to insure line up