• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

pawnshopmike

Staff member
View attachment 111065 I’ve been out of the hobby for about 30 years. Decided to get back in. Man things have sure changed. Bought this little ARF. Have most of the control surfaces done. Bought a Futaba 18SZ. it’s taken me a bit to figure that out. Have been flying “Real Flight 8” on my computer for a while feels like some of its back. Have been buying some plans to start some building projects.
Really like this site. Have been looking into what you guys are building. Really inspirational...!

Roger
Welcome to Giant Scale News and welcome back to the hobby. :welcome:

What ARF is that? Looks like a nice little bird.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 111065 I’ve been out of the hobby for about 30 years. Decided to get back in. Man things have sure changed. Bought this little ARF. Have most of the control surfaces done. Bought a Futaba 18SZ. it’s taken me a bit to figure that out. Have been flying “Real Flight 8” on my computer for a while feels like some of its back. Have been buying some plans to start some building projects.
Really like this site. Have been looking into what you guys are building. Really inspirational...!

Roger

Nice plane! I'm running an 18SZ right now, let me know if you have any questions - I MIGHT be able to answer them :)
Looks like a little EF Yak you got there? The technology is pretty awesome now and just keeps getting better and lighter.
I also have RF8, It's a great tool and if you get the urge to play online in multiplayer, there is a lot of neat tricks to learn from other people.
:welcome:

Roger Chamberlain

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Nice plane! I'm running an 18SZ right now, let me know if you have any questions - I MIGHT be able to answer them :)
Looks like a little EF Yak you got there? The technology is pretty awesome now and just keeps getting better and lighter.
I also have RF8, It's a great tool and if you get the urge to play online in multiplayer, there is a lot of neat tricks to learn from other people.
:welcome:

Thank you for the offers. When it comes time to set my throws on the plane, thinking I’ll contact you. It took me a while just to figure out how to reverse the servo throws for the ailerons.
The plane. Yes EF Yak 48”. Thank you AKNick.......

pawnshopmike

Staff member
No workshop time today. :( Spent he whole evening replacing the drain pump in our Bosch washing machine. Turned into a bigger job than I wanted but everything seems to be working like new again. Hopefully it will last another 11 years.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Thank you for the offers. When it comes time to set my throws on the plane, thinking I’ll contact you. It took me a while just to figure out how to reverse the servo throws for the ailerons.
The plane. Yes EF Yak 48”. Thank you AKNick.......
You bet! Anytime! The touch screen will spoil you. I'm still trying to understand conditions. There is a lot the radio can do than I am aware of.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
How does that reed mount? Is laid in place and those three screws holds it there? If that is the case then you are done with the reed, I see no reason for any glue, adesive, or even sealant on it, the cover can be installed with any of the high temp RTV's such as I shown, and install the carb.

Well Robert found out what glue to seal the reed carrier to the motor case. 3W Germany told me to use Locktite 222 purple.