• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok the engine has been cleaned out checked and rebuilt and run on the test stand. Running as good as always. Put all the servos on the test rig and everything checked out no gears stripped and no wires damaged so that is also good and read to go again. Now all that needs to be checked out is the receiver.
Also put the battery on a computer cycle and it is still good and has 5 % more capacity than stated on the pack voltage good and IR still the same.
Ok @BalsaDust ready for the 20cc special designed 3D profile. ( just kidding I know you are busy.)
6D39558C-F407-404F-8473-5D0D79B022C4.jpeg

BalsaDust

Ok the engine has been cleaned out checked and rebuilt and run on the test stand. Running as good as always. Put all the servos on the test rig and everything checked out no gears stripped and no wires damaged so that is also good and read to go again. Now all that needs to be checked out is the receiver.
Also put the battery on a computer cycle and it is still good and has 5 % more capacity than stated on the pack voltage good and IR still the same.
Ok @BalsaDust ready for the 20cc special designed 3D profile. ( just kidding I know you are busy.)
View attachment 110253

Lol. Still trying to get up with the IT guy at work to install CAD on the new laptop they issued me. Company wide they got rid of everything that was running windows 7 or older so my old laptop had to go.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Lol. Still trying to get up with the IT guy at work to install CAD on the new laptop they issued me. Company wide they got rid of everything that was running windows 7 or older so my old laptop had to go.
When I was still working the company would not install cad on a laptop only a cad license. You had to connect to the company system and the you had axis to Cad, real pain fortunately I had enough rank to get it installed on my laptop but every time we went through an upgrade it was same old battle.
Just one question on a 20cc profile how thick is the fuselage and the size of the carbon tube.

Last edited:

BalsaDust

When I was still working the company would not install cad on a laptop only a cad license. You had to connect to the company system and the you had axis to Cad, real pain fortunately I had enough rank to get it installed on my laptop but every time we went through an upgrade it was same old battle.
Just one question on a 20cc profile how thick is the fuselage and the size of the carbon tube.

That’s the way most are here but since I use the student version I have the entire program installed.

Fuse thickness will be up to you. I have seen them be made 1/2”, 5/8”, and 3/4”. Personally I like 5/8” thick and use a .605 tube. 1/2” doesn’t save enough weight for how much it will start to twist. 3/4” to me is just too much. The sbach65 I used to have had a 5/8 fuse and had no tail twist to it at all. I will most likely draw it at 5/8” but if you want to go different from that then feel free.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
That’s the way most are here but since I use the student version I have the entire program installed.

Fuse thickness will be up to you. I have seen them be made 1/2”, 5/8”, and 3/4”. Personally I like 5/8” thick and use a .605 tube. 1/2” doesn’t save enough weight for how much it will start to twist. 3/4” to me is just too much. The sbach65 I used to have had a 5/8 fuse and had no tail twist to it at all. I will most likely draw it at 5/8” but if you want to go different from that then feel free.
I will not go any different you have built to many of them if it was my third or four maybe. I am going to see from whom I can get a 0.605 tube. Thanks, just preparing for the build I believe I have everything else. If know of anything you use that is a little out of the ordinary please let me know so I can order it. Thanks

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Will do. Did I ever send you the plans for the 20cc edge profile I drew? If it was something your interested in I can send it to you.
Do not remember, do not believe that you did. If you have a 20cc Edge drawn up why are doing another. If you can send it to me a copy it will be very much appreciated. Spend some studying it and getting familiar with the the way they are designed.

BalsaDust

Do not remember, do not believe that you did. If you have a 20cc Edge drawn up why are doing another. If you can send it to me a copy it will be very much appreciated. Spend some studying it and getting familiar with the the way they are designed.

I just enjoy drawing things and I thought you had said you wanted something along the lines of an Extra. MAybe I'm thinking of someone else. LOL I will send them over in a bit. It's based around the other edge profiles I have done so it should fly very similar.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I just enjoy drawing things and I thought you had said you wanted something along the lines of an Extra. MAybe I'm thinking of someone else. LOL I will send them over in a bit. It's based around the other edge profiles I have done so it should fly very similar.
Thank you

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I agree with some of your analysis and yes the CG was set to the manual. But then I have two questions why did head straight for the ground and when I pulled up the immediately Started to roll over onto its back. Let go the elevator then started head for the ground again then it was over.
I must gone gone that minute a hundred times since then trying to understand what I did or did not do that could have prevented what happened. I which it was just a stupid mistake that I did and it would ok don’t do that again

Good question..... hmmmm. Throttle induced? Thrust angle?
These things are frustrating!!!