• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The stick bangers thread

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Damage was limited to rudder , prop and slight crush to LE of R-wing. LUCKY I is! Did run out checks of engine and all appears OK! What actually happened is the transmitter vibrated off the stand! Should have left it in my hand and laid it down when setting the camera. Lesson Learned AGAIN! Sucks getting old.:confused:
Kelly you must have moved the transmitter, onto the start up stand, and I didn't see it. Last I saw trans, it was on table with gas can. Senior moments, SPECIAL moments, whatever, it happens to us all. Glad damage wasn't to bad.

toysforbigboys

70cc twin V2
Well I adjusted the throw volume on the elevator of the Pilot edge and it made all the difference.

I can actually do low or high energy pop tops. Low energy has a nice 3/4 twist rotation inverted when entering from a 45 up line and right positive snap. I exited slow rolling in to the harrier. I now got the tightest KE spin I have ever seen with this plane. And all due to just increasing the throws another 3/8" .

Was going to get some vid but Dr. Moron (the stupid voice in my head giving improper guidance) showed up:lol2:.
Here is what I did get.......

ouch, that would have ruined my day

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Man that sucks. I guess it could have been worse. When I saw you starting it in the stand I was thinking, man there is not much stand upright above the wing, that thing could jump over that at high throttle. The last thing I expected was the stand to flip over.:oblong:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Kelly you must have moved the transmitter, onto the start up stand, and I didn't see it. Last I saw trans, it was on table with gas can. Senior moments, SPECIAL moments, whatever, it happens to us all. Glad damage wasn't to bad.
ouch, that would have ruined my day
I shead a tear for you. I Probley woulda stood there for half hour saying wtf wtf wtf

This is the reward I get for quitting my "Pit Bitch" job.LoL

Donnie...I swear I'm getting back in the "box" to hide! lol I had accidently turned off the camera and the vid is actually two short vids. The first was intended for "How many flips thread" lol It was going out to turn the camera back on when I moved the radio to the stand. When I got to the camera the second time is when it all went down. I was walking back to get the plane and watched all of it happen in "slow motion" Like.....Nhoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!:epic:FAIL! LoL

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Man that sucks. I guess it could have been worse. When I saw you starting it in the stand I was thinking, man there is not much stand upright above the wing, that thing could jump over that at high throttle. The last thing I expected was the stand to flip over.:oblong:

Man it was a Comedy of error. Should have packed it in when a fellow member did. I was left ALONE!

So you see Kiddies.....Never leave Grandpa unattended! :concern:

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I must confess, I am a stick banger. I couldn't successfully complete a high alpha maneuver if my life depended on it. However my loops and Split S's aren't bad. In my defense you can't learn a lot completing 20 or so flights a year.