• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I got me'self one of these... is a total hoot to fly... my 13 yo son took it from me and won't give it back... I bought another one... my 23 yo son has it! I gonna buy 2 more so when my 11 yo son takes one... I will have one left for me!! lol

Better math would be to add a backup.......

TonyHallo

150cc
I flew at the Alliance Balsa Bees "Warbirds and Classics Over Alliance" today. This was a two day event and was their first annual. Hope to be back next year. Like an old fashion IMAA event, lots of different types of aircraft, fly rectangular pattern, no 3D, a lot of BS'ing. This is located in Ohio about 75 miles from my home. Here are a few of the planes there today. I was traveling home from Myrtle Beach yesterday so I didn't make it there. The CD was an old acquaintance so I had fun catching up.
The OV10 Bronco was electric and flew really nice, the pilot did low passes the entire flight. won Warbird Best of Show and the best Warbird flight

IMG_2738.jpg
IMG_2739.jpg
IMG_2740.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
Home from Wally's Squadron today early, I had planned to leave around 6:00 pm today but it was windy and not much action. Put two flights on the Champ yesterday and hoped to do a few more today but the wind keep me grounded as well as many at the event , half the planes were in the trailer today. Sorry I didn't take photos yesterday, lesson learned.
Here is a photo of the flight line yesterday morning, I was pilot number 51. They were giving out prizes by pilot number, today they called pilot number 89, I suspect there were well over 100 pilots today. A side from Joe Nall, this was the largest event I have attended. I suspect tomorrow will be really crowded when those poor souls that have to work show up! Really great event.

IMG_2749.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
Here are a few select photos of what I thought were unique. The racer was a very nice build. The two green Edge 540's were RC Sky Wing, one had a 170 I believe the other had a DA 200, the pilots hammered them hard but the stayed together! Must be a great design. The Fly baby was beautiful as well, had a large Valach four stroke and sounded great in the air. The flight line was empty when he began flying, no sooner that he took off a 3d'er showed up and he cut his flight short, the plane had smoke as well. Nice dash in the Fly Baby. You don't see many modern triplanes, this one had a DA 120 and looked to be a 50 sized airplane, was asking $2300.

IMG_2750.jpg
IMG_2751.jpg
IMG_2754.jpg
IMG_2755.jpg
IMG_2757.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Sticking to the plan of no flying January/ February (too cold so I build) and no flying July/ August (too hot so I build and hang out at the neighborhood pool. So Saturday I went flying. 80 degrees, no humidity, light wind right down the runway. The Yak had fun...... I put the mountains in the distance on the photo.

IMG-1871.jpg