• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok gentleman this is a first for me I know it is not about RC stuff but speaking to friend that lives about 3 hours fast drive straight north from me. He was explaining how cold it was up there they normally have a couple of 100 pounds propane bottles in winter just in case of furnace or power failure. Anyway he opened one of the bottles and nothing came out that is how cold it is.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Ok gentleman this is a first for me I know it is not about RC stuff but speaking to friend that lives about 3 hours fast drive straight north from me. He was explaining how cold it was up there they normally have a couple of 100 pounds propane bottles in winter just in case of furnace or power failure. Anyway he opened one of the bottles and nothing came out that is how cold it is.

THAT'S COLD . But I actually flew today:). Blistering 49 degrees!

20180106-000312.JPG

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Boy does it look good at your flying location. Look at the green grass in the background. Man make the best of it for the rest of us glad to see you flying. This is a shot from my window.
View attachment 101156

I'm very familiar to that kind of environment from days past. Rome, N.Y., Ashville, OH., Landsdown, PA. is were I have endured it too for many years. Glad I retired down here.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm very familiar to that kind of environment from days past. Rome, N.Y., Ashville, OH., Landsdown, PA. is were I have endured it too for many years. Glad I retired down here.
When I see the weather you have down there I would love to move down there with you guys. But moving down there from Canada is a big deal. Cost and medical insurance is quite expensive.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
All this talk of cold and snow in the North and all the sunshine and bare ground in the South is making me very agitated. To make matters worse, I got off work a little early today. Looked up at the clearing skies and seeing the sun shinning through the disappearing clouds. The temps in the low 40's and no wind. And me...with no plane charged. ARGH!!! So to relieve a little of the stored up ansiness, I am going to make an attempt tomorrow. Weather permitting of course. From the looks of the skies tonight...there is a pretty good chance I am going to give it a try.
20180106_213507.jpg

Nothing but clear skies and stars....Oh it will be quite chilly in the morning. But come 11'ish, I should have the Baby Yak-ster charged and ready to go.
prayer-hands-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'm-a hopin' and prayin' the weather witch is kind tomorrow.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Today was a bit warmer and really pleasant to be outside. Did not get to make it to the field but there was another field right in my back yard that had lots of horse power to admire :)

0106181532-00.jpg
0106181536-00.jpg