• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
So I made a big swapping trade today...... I got rid of a couple of a couple glow powered biplanes I had and had not flown them for a couple of years.... So I ended up with a 1/3rd scale Morane-Saulnier A1 that has never been flown. I believe it is a Balsa USA kit. 104" wingspan about 70" long it weighs in about 17 pounds dry. I threw the wings together and set them on top to get an idea of how its going to look. I am not a big one for "Warbirds" but this is unique enough that I am almost certain there wont be another one at the field the days I fly it. I have always liked Parasol winged airplanes along with biplanes.... This thing has been sitting for years and needs some TLC. I dont even know what engine is in it. I need to pull the cowl off and look. I just got it home, dust is still on it..... Here it is.......

View attachment 37298View attachment 37299View attachment 37300

OK Paranut, what powers this beauty?

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
A friend of mine from the flying club has a lead on a disgruntled ex-wife with a stash of giant scale airplanes that the dude left behind before heading out of the country. She wants them out of her house. My friend says it would take about 10 pickup trucks to get it all. So I am meeting him at the woman's house and taking my truck and trailer to get as much as possible.

I will report back tonight or tomorrow morning on how it went.

Bipenut53

150cc
[MENTION=3978]wfahey415[/MENTION] lol too funny, paranut ha ha...... I did get the cowl off and found a Zenoah G-38, it is the older rounded case engine, beautiful engine and you can tell it has very little run time on it. It also has the older quarter scale giant servos with the older style plugs on them. I think they are going to be fine after I change the plugs over. I also discovered that Balsa USA is still selling the kit and accessories for it, 70 bucks for the roundel set, but the sticker shock I got when I looked at the wheels.... 90 bucks! For a pair of wheels! Yes they are 9.33" vintage wheels, but really? 90 bucks a pair... geezz lol

I think I got the better end of the deal for sure!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bipenut53

150cc
A friend of mine from the flying club has a lead on a disgruntled ex-wife with a stash of giant scale airplanes that the dude left behind before heading out of the country. She wants them out of her house. My friend says it would take about 10 pickup trucks to get it all. So I am meeting him at the woman's house and taking my truck and trailer to get as much as possible.

I will report back tonight or tomorrow morning on how it went.

Oh boy!! That is gonna be interesting!!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Well guys, it was a jackpot. We scored a Top Flite giant scale Focke Wulf 190, and Aeroworks 50cc Ultimate Bipe with a DA50R. What looks like a Cap 232 with a DA50R. Aeroworks GT Trainer with a DLE 30, Pilot Super Decathlon, Great Planes Citabria with a DLE 35, an unbuilt Top Flite giant scale Spitfire with retracts. About 7 radios and a ton of "stuff". There are probably 7 glow planes I didn't even mention.

Oh yeah, I offered $500 for the entire lot and they were happy!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Bipe, I texted you these pics.

I need to spread all of this out so you can see everything. We have it all wrapped in moving blankets in the trailer.

20160203_213206_resized.jpg20160203_213221_resized.jpg