• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

SnowDog

One day when we meet in person you have to explain the fascination the American Christian right has with Ayn Rand. She's about as far from Christianity you can get.

Is this thread off topic enough yet? :)

How did the American Christian right come into the discussion?

Did I mention that somewhere? :sadface:

Are we off topic enough yet? ===> No...what else can we add here that does not apply? Surely there must be more? ;)

:megaroll:

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
....you have to explain the fascination the American Christian right has with Ayn Rand.

I've been dealing internationally for 37 years and I think I can answer this because I know and work with people from Europe and Asia every day. I once went to Athens to interview an Indian national who worked in England for a Swiss pharmaceutical company for a position in Osaka Japan for a German company that operated in 140 countries when I consulted for them.

Americans are fascinated with more existential things, in general, than most Europeans, for example, because of our inherent nature. Our founders were very smart people that left a Europe where only royalty owned property and had the means to build wealth. If you were not part of the oligarchy, it didn't matter how smart you were, or how hard you were willing to work to build a better life and future for your family. Your 'common' place had to be accepted. That's why no fewer than seven of the signers of the Declaration of Independence were actual geniuses.

So we do not accept our position and have a hard time believing that something better is not just right around the corner because we see others achieving greatness every day through hard work and/or education. This inherently gives us hope, and hope breeds dreams and aspirations that our ancestors from Europe were never able fulfill until they came here.

As for John Galt, because we as individuals feel closer to our government, we feel closer to the powerful that make decisions, and the game of power and politics is more exciting when we feel we can make a difference. There are many books and movies about power, money, and politics, gone wild, and the fact the average citizen can be manipulated by a few, is revolting to us, as are those that embraces mediocrity in the name of egalitarianism. I never felt close to my government when I lived in New York, but here in Florida, I have a lot more access to local and state government. My neighbor was the Mayor, and now she is a state rep, and we can actually make a difference at the grass roots level. Unthinkable in NY, so I can only imagine, and dread, the unreachable levels of the federal government in D.C.

A big federal government scares me and should scare everyone, because this type of access is not possible, and abuse is easy and usually unaccountable. That's why we try to keep this nation a republic and not a democracy because when a big federal government slips it leash, things happen for the few with the power and money, and rest of us slide further and further down the toilet of federalism to the oligarchies that our ancestors did everything they could to escape.

And yes... NOW we have really gone off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aeroplayin

70cc twin V2
Oh... and every man should grow a beard at least once in their life. It breeds individualism. The worst jobs I ever had were jobs where they made me shave all my facial hair, get a haircut, wear a suit and tie, and basically look like everyone else. I've been running the "show" for a long time now, and promote individualism and creativity, even though we are a high tech, business oriented, company.

I am not allowed to have a beard. Fire hazard with the 100% oxygen masks and a very small confined space with 100s of switches, dials, screens, and miles of wiring. Mustache is as good as it gets. I tried once and after a few weeks of just long stubble I gave up.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Does anyone know the distance between the bolt holes of a DLE 61 muffler? Also, maybe a shortcut... does anyone know anywhere that makes a header for the DLE 61 for a canister setup?