• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

uploadfromtaptalk1410618964630.jpg

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Just got transmitter bling for both my Dad's main radio and my main radio, thanks [MENTION=388]Aztech Aeromodels[/MENTION] for the awesome product and fantastic service, and [MENTION=2917]Ahblair4[/MENTION] for turning me on to the pointless-yet awesome- transmitter bling. We have yet to see if it makes either of us a better pilot, but fingers crossed :ecstatic:

7c.jpg10c.jpg

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Oh, and in other news: just switched to a bigger spinner(to run a xoar rather than the crappy apc) on my super vyper, and of course it broke halfway through the first flight, anybody have a suggestion for a better spinner(this was a 52mm extreme flight with aluminium backplate, don't want any with plastic backplates as the wood props always break them)? For right now, I've got another one to stick on, but I'm thinking of maybe doing a tru-turn, not sure. Oh, and just pretend there is a second wheelpant on it, got a set of carbon fiber ones that I'm gonna airbrush up and replace the stock one(s).
super vyper.jpg

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Just got transmitter bling for both my Dad's main radio and my main radio, thanks [MENTION=388]Aztech Aeromodels[/MENTION] for the awesome product and fantastic service, and [MENTION=2917]Ahblair4[/MENTION] for turning me on to the pointless-yet awesome- transmitter bling. We have yet to see if it makes either of us a better pilot, but fingers crossed :ecstatic:

View attachment 29375View attachment 29376

Cool...Azhar has all the cool stuff:D

ryan_m

100cc
Oh, and in other news: just switched to a bigger spinner(to run a xoar rather than the crappy apc) on my super vyper, and of course it broke halfway through the first flight, anybody have a suggestion for a better spinner(this was a 52mm extreme flight with aluminium backplate, don't want any with plastic backplates as the wood props always break them)? For right now, I've got another one to stick on, but I'm thinking of maybe doing a tru-turn, not sure. Oh, and just pretend there is a second wheelpant on it, got a set of carbon fiber ones that I'm gonna airbrush up and replace the stock one(s).
View attachment 29377

Broke a spinner? I've never ever broken a spinner unless I've smashed it into the ground in a crash! Flown lots of the EF spinners. Are you perhaps overtightening them? The prop bolts don't require much torque, and neither do spinner bolts. Get the prop bolt snug, and perhaps another 1/8 turn is all I do.

jmart95

70cc twin V2
Broke a spinner? I've never ever broken a spinner unless I've smashed it into the ground in a crash! Flown lots of the EF spinners. Are you perhaps overtightening them? The prop bolts don't require much torque, and neither do spinner bolts. Get the prop bolt snug, and perhaps another 1/8 turn is all I do.

I've broken a few of them, but that was from the smaller plastic ones with a wooden, prop, and the prop would slip from the backplate and eat the spinner and that was always a few weeks in(150-200 flights maybe), with the ones with backplates we stick a piece of sandpaper between the prop and backplate and it works out just fine, but this one just blew up in a crankshaft.

View attachment 29375View attachment 29376
Aztech Aeromodels has some great bling.. ya need to bling up your plane also