• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Good on ya. I just put for sale stickers on that and my 3dhs 48 edge last week. Want to fund a 60" Laser!

dskuro95

100cc
I was flying my 42" slick all day with no problems with Zmonster97 at the LVRCS field in Easton, PA. One of the club members shows up with only helis and I was told by a bunch of the guys there how good of a pilot he is. He said he never flew a 3DHS plane though so I gave him a stab on the 42" Slick. He just came out a rolling harrier and was doing a inverted harrier about 8 feet off the ground. He all of the sudden goes I have nothing! The plane goes in, inverted. Luckily just the rudder got beat up and the canopy wood was cracked and some of the wood inside by the wings. Also the rudder servo gears stripped on a HS-65MG. Zmonster and I CA'ed it back up and it is okay now. Then Z accidently kneels on the canopy and it has a nice size crack in it now!
Needless to say, why did that happen to the plane? As soon as it hit the ground I tested all surfaces and the throttle and it was okay. I checked the battery and it still had 11.9 volts (3S).
Any ideas?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I was flying my 42" slick all day with no problems with Zmonster97 at the LVRCS field in Easton, PA. One of the club members shows up with only helis and I was told by a bunch of the guys there how good of a pilot he is. He said he never flew a 3DHS plane though so I gave him a stab on the 42" Slick. He just came out a rolling harrier and was doing a inverted harrier about 8 feet off the ground. He all of the sudden goes I have nothing! The plane goes in, inverted. Luckily just the rudder got beat up and the canopy wood was cracked and some of the wood inside by the wings. Also the rudder servo gears stripped on a HS-65MG. Zmonster and I CA'ed it back up and it is okay now. Then Z accidently kneels on the canopy and it has a nice size crack in it now!
Needless to say, why did that happen to the plane? As soon as it hit the ground I tested all surfaces and the throttle and it was okay. I checked the battery and it still had 11.9 volts (3S).
Any ideas?

cold solder joint in one of the connectors with the battery and esc?

dskuro95

100cc
Hmm I will check all my connections. It wasn't my battery either. It was Zach's. I didn't want the guy to fly it with a heavier battery since it gets wing rock if you aren't used to correcting for it.