• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Have any of you guys used an Align 3GX? I have one now on my Blade 300X but the tail won't compensate/correct! I can't figure out what's wrong, changing the rate/HH modes does nothing! Any thoughts?

Dan

joshgluck

100cc
Busy morning planned!!

Maiden flights:

EF 48 Yak-EXP
3DHS 87" Extra (new DLE-55ra)
3DHS 70" Velox (gas conversion to DLE-20)

Fingers crossed the gassers start and don't flame out! :)

Hope you're having better winds and luck then us in NJ! Two flights and that's all she wrote.

Let us know how you made out

njswede

150cc
Hope you're having better winds and luck then us in NJ! Two flights and that's all she wrote.

Let us know how you made out

I told you it was going to be windy! :) Anyway, the 58 Edge and the 72 Extra are insanely good planes for wind, so if I didn't have to quit early to spend time with my family, I would have put more flights on them. I got one flight on the Extra and three on the Edge. Definitely put a smile on my face!

quadracer

100cc
What tail precompensation does, is when you move the pitch in either a positive or negative direction, it automatically gives a rudder input to counter the yaw force that is created by the sudden pitch change.

gyro

GSN Contributor
So far:

Yak flew awesome, very impressive! Great harriers and stability.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365964660.088113.jpg

Velox was a no-go again, still not sucking fuel. :(

Extra is still possible, having some tuning trouble with the new but I'm not giving up yet, still have a little more time to try.
She sure looks great tho!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365964699.402861.jpg

dskuro95

100cc
Alright so today I am flying my 70" Slick and I am practicing for the 3drcf contest 38 and I have 5 seconds left in my sequence and out of nowhere my motor shuts off in a KE spin that was about to be a hurricane(inverted flat spin going upwards) and as I go upwards my plane dips(probably because of no motor) and the plane starts going nuts. I fight it and this was all about 15 feet high(no joke). Somehow I get it stable and just harrier land it on the field. I literally had to check my underwear it was sooo scary. I am surprised I didn't SH*T my pants. OMG. I think I hit LVC. Time to put a RX pack and not just the 6s battery. OMG!!! IDK how I got it back. Everyone at the field was just as scared as I was. Wish I had video!