• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Anyone planning to fly this weekend?

I get the soft cast off my arm Friday. Depending on what the surgeon says (and if I decide to listen), I may try to fly a bit this weekend. I'll start off on the TH Slick to make sure the hand is good to go before risking anything breakable....

I was worried about this to when I went to the DX8, because I fly at a place with high interference (just found out the other day that they have strong AM coming from one tower and wifi 2.4ghz conning from the other). The am plays havoc between the RX and servos with long runs. And we know 2.4. So far so good... I made the change after having two lockouts one on a heli and one on a 60" edge using a A9, thought it was a BEC issue with the heli, before realizing it was a lockout with the second crash of the edge. The lockout happened in the same exact spot in the air with both crashes... One with a 6ch RX and another with a 7ch. I had thousands of flights at this location. Now with the Speky that I run only DSMX I am lockout free so far... Totally knocking on wood.

Probably a good idea to use twisted extensions instead of flat ones to minimize common-mode interference from the AM signal.

skibum44

70cc twin V2
I totally do... Heavy gauge twisted wire and RF rings on all my long runs. If I didn't it would be impossible to fly there.

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Well, now I know what happens when I am really bored and the Goblin is in line of sight :cool:

Not sure if I should leave them on or not..

1365545647752.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Anyone planning to fly this weekend?

I know I am!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully, looks like 17 MPH of wind around the right direction for slope soaring. And testing my new DX7s :D :D After like 3 weeks of no flying I'm sure it'll be a blast.

:)

Dan