• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I think breaking them in on a charger is a waste of time. Just put it in the plane and fly. Take it easy for a few flights if you feel the need and cut the flights a little short. That's how I do it anyway ;)

wedoitall

Mine usually go to 4.16 for a 95% charge. Your chargers max discharge rate will still be very far below the batteries "c" rating, so don't worry about that part if you ask me :)

i used 2amps setting on the discharge but would like to bump it up to 4amp. think that would be a problem?

have another noob question. i dont know exactly what they are called, but the green magnetic ring that i have on some of my esc's wires, the ring the the wires wrap around. i dont have one of those for my MXS, i guess thats OK?

gyro

GSN Contributor
i used 2amps setting on the discharge but would like to bump it up to 4amp. think that would be a problem?

have another noob question. i dont know exactly what they are called, but the green magnetic ring that i have on some of my esc's wires, the ring the the wires wrap around. i dont have one of those for my MXS, i guess thats OK?

Yes, 4a discharge will be fine.

That's a ferrite ring, and it's used to help reduce RF noise between the ESC and rx. Not needed much on today's nicer ESC, they don't put ouch much RF noise.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
i thought about doing that, but idk if i can really take it easy the first few flights, i can try i guess. just afraid ill get all into flying and forget to take it easy

And everything will still be fine ;) just set your timer for two mins less than usual. That is taking it pretty easy. I am guessing you pull a lot of amps in flight. If your charger maxed out at 30 amp discharge... that would be ok.

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Futaba is really annoying me. I sent my 8FG 2 weeks ago. I got a letter saying that I received it. Then they EMailed me saying that they never got it, but then said that they got it. Now I get a letter in the mail saying that they received it (again?) and that they don't know what to test it for??!? I've been EMailing back and forth with them for weeks explaining the issue, and I haven't flown in 3 weeks because of this. There's like 3 different things saying what's going on. One says that it's being tested now, the other doesn't, and then I get this letter? :confused: IDK what the heck is going on over there, it's ridiculous.

Good thing I've got a DX7s coming in the mail on Monday....:D ...or else I would be going insane.

:)

Dan