• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

gyro

GSN Contributor
Awwww yeah!

I scored a sweet deal on a Trex 500 at a swap meet today. $400 bucks or a bnf heli with align digital servos, futaba tail servo and gyro and Spyder battery. Almost resold it for 700!

Thats a damn good deal! Congrats! you going to leave it as is, or make changes?

GYRO, is that the 106 you just bought? Got to fly it yet?

yes, it is... however she didn't fly today as I had a bad rx. swapping it out for another one, will try another day!
The good news is the engine ran A W E S O M E! TONS of power.

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Well I just got an email back from Avant (that was very fast). And here is there e-mail:

Dear Mr. Donzella,

Regarding your question about the material. The material used in the manufacturing of the bell is top quality from American mills. American Aluminum manufacturers have a very strict quality control because they supply mostly aerospace applications so it's unlikely that the material would be defective.

Regarding your issue we have not seen this before so we have no way to tell you what the problem could be. We would like to have you send the parts to us including the clutch if that is not a problem. We will send you a replacement bell, a liner and a clutch.

So I'll ship the whole assembly to them, and they will ship me a new one meanwhile. Good Customer Service, and I never even sent them my pictures I took.

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Awwww yeah!

I scored a sweet deal on a Trex 500 at a swap meet today. $400 bucks or a bnf heli with align digital servos, futaba tail servo and gyro and Spyder battery. Almost resold it for 700!

700 helis are VERY expensive. Not just the initial cost either, and I haven't even wrecked mine yet ;)

Edit: Oh, you were probably talking about $700 not a 700 helicopter :D

Last edited by a moderator:

wamsy55

50cc
700 helis are VERY expensive. Not just the initial cost either, and I haven't even wrecked mine yet ;)

Edit: Oh, you were probably talking about $700 not a 700 helicopter :D

Yea, $700 .. not a 700. Though a 700 would be cool!

Thats a damn good deal! Congrats! you going to leave it as is, or make changes?

Maybe change the gyro out, but I am not really sure. Hopefully my friend who is really good with the helis will tell me what I need to do tomorrow.

I also finished up my first quadcopter today, first flight in the morning.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'm pretty sick in bed right now with the stomach flu, came on this AM out of nowhere. Wife just made me some peppermint tea... What an awesome wife!
While I'm really not feeling up to doing anything today, watching the friendly and peaceful interaction of the members here has put a smile on my face today.