• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

-DJO

70cc twin V2
I love my A9 as well.

This is a great deal on one at bphobbies.com

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=D2448811&pid=G1694384

DJO you should listen to NJSwede and not just dismiss him out of hand because of things you think are happening. If there really is a lot of interference there that could be an issue, but I still think another component could be the real issue and deserves to be checked out thoroughly. I have also had my esc shut off because of servos drawing too many amps. The whole thing will usually shut off including throttle so not having throttle response is not a cut and dry indicator of an rx lockout. In reality an rx lockout is extremely rare where there isn't some other issue that causes it. Getting 2.4 interference while flying fpv is normal in just about any environment. Cell phones, wifi, and wireless internet providers use the same frequencies and your fpv tx/rx uses a raw channel with no coding. I don't think that kind of normal interference would cause an rx lockout on spektrum or any other system.

As was stated before it is your $ and equipment but I personally recommend looking into things more deeply for a real cause. If you still come up empty then you may have a radio problem. Without checking you are risking future planes regardless of the radio system.

I'm not dismissing him. I'm saying that I had these same problems with two completely different planes with completely different servos, with different radios and different RXs. The one thing in common between the issues was that it was Spektrum.

Thanks for the info!

:)

Dan

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Also, what have you guys heard about the new DMSS lineup from JR? :confused: Haven't hear much about them. Just wondering, probably won't get one.

:)

Dan

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I never had the 7C but programmed allot of airplanes for guys at the field that are computer radio "lost"... I hated that it lacked throttle curve and you had to use expo. Also it will not let you run 2 elevator servos unless you use a Y reverse, other then that it's not bad. If you plan to fly a 50cc or bigger then you will need the 8 channel or higher radio for sure.

I flew Futaba for 10 year then switched to the Hitec Aurora 9, had it for 3 years and love it. Great prices on the radio and Rx and it gives you most of what the high end radios have...

While I agree with the gist of your post I would like to add some options you did not discuss. Before I went with an 8FG I had a 7C and I flew it all the way to my 87" DA-60 3DHS Extra. The "Y" harness is simply not the way to do it and should never be suggested. I used a Smart-Fly Equalizer II and it worked perfectly for balancing and reversing your dual elevator servos. As for the no throttle curve you are right but expo worked out to a satisfactory solution for me. The DA-60 was providing to much power in the low end making hovering difficult. I played around with a tach and the expo on the ground and got it darn close to my liking.

With this said I would not recommend the 7C over the 8FG if you are buying but if you have the 7C with little extra effort you can set it up for a 50.

Last edited by a moderator:

-DJO

70cc twin V2
While I agree with the gist of your post I would like to add some options you did not discuss. Before I went with an 8FG I had a 7C and I flew it all the way to my 87" DA-60 3DHS Extra. The "Y" harness is simply not the way to do it and should never be suggested. I used a Smart-Fly Equalizer II and it worked perfectly for balancing and reversing your dual elevator servos. As for the no throttle curve you are right but expo worked out to a satisfactory solution for me. The DA-60 was providing to much power in the low end making hovering difficult. I played around with a tach and the expo on the ground and got it darn close to my liking.

With this said I would not recommend the 7C over the 8FG if you are buying but if you have the 7C with little extra effort you can set it up for a 50.

Well hmmm... I can get a 7C with a receiver for $205 shipped, new, or the 8FG for $250, shipped, used, without an RX. But I don't really think I need the features of the 8FG :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: