• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

hone

150cc
Anyone know if hobbytown carries CA hinges that will work on the rudder of my 60'' MXS? The hinges i ordered won't be here until Saturday. I want to bring it to Lodi Huckfest on Friday but I tore out the rudder hinges. I could try and fix my Extra too. Otherwise all i got is my 47'' Osiris :(

SteveT.

100cc
Anyone know if hobbytown carries CA hinges that will work on the rudder of my 60'' MXS? The hinges i ordered won't be here until Saturday. I want to bring it to Lodi Huckfest on Friday but I tore out the rudder hinges. I could try and fix my Extra too. Otherwise all i got is my 47'' Osiris :(

I don't know if they do or not, but I intend to be there early Saturday, I can bring you some......just make sure to remind me Friday evening....

SteveT

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Every time this year we host a large charity event at our place. We usually bring in Tour Golfers but last year we had our neighbor Lockheed bring in an F35 simulator. As I am an instrument rated fixed wing (civilian flying) and rotor rating (military flying) so they let me take off and land of a carrier as well as engage and destroy a vessel at sea. By popular demand they are back and this time the are setting up a F22 Raptor. I am scheduled at 5 to fly it.

F22Raptor.jpg

Just off a 30 minute phone call with one ************* from RCG. We cleared the air between us, and I've gotta say that he seems like a nice enough guy over the phone...
He explained to me the whole posting on RCG issue as this: No STAFF from 3DRCForums is allowed to post links to our site on his. So, that said, it seems that someone in the fly low thread over there seems to hit the report button anytime our site is mentioned, so that also may be where some of the issues are coming from.

My take: Since we are a competing website, he (rightfully so) is entitled to ask us not to stand on his front lawn with a billboard about our site, and we (3DRCForum staff) will gladly oblige. Now if other people want to post or discuss this site there, that is up to them... Not my place to tell people how/what to post on RCG.

Now, back to you regular scheduled programming.... :)
Just want to make sure I understand how things work. On RCG, if you get reported you get points and if you get enough points you get suspended. Right so far? Any where along the way you can appeal to the mods and may get your points reduced if you win? On this forum I don't see any way to report a post but if I tic off the owner, he blocks my ip address with no appeal. Is that the way it works here?

gyro

GSN Contributor
The 3DRCForums -OFF TOPIC- Thread

Just want to make sure I understand how things work. On RCG, if you get reported you get points and if you get enough points you get suspended. Right so far? Any where along the way you can appeal to the mods and may get your points reduced if you win? On this forum I don't see any way to report a post but if I tic off the owner, he blocks my ip address with no appeal. Is that the way it works here?

1- I guess you didn't read our rules when you agreed to them?
Please take a moment to review them again, they'll answer most of your questions above. (including the location of and how to use the report button)
http://www.3drcforums.com/faq.php?faq=sitedocuments#faq_forumrules

2- nobody has been banned for ticking me off. Only site rule violations IAW with the link above

3- what are you really trying to get at?
Just cut to the chase please.

-G

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
1- I guess you didn't read our rules when you agreed to them?
Please take a moment to review them again, they'll answer most of your questions above. (including the location of and how to use the report button)
http://www.3drcforums.com/faq.php?faq=sitedocuments#faq_forumrules

2- nobody has been banned for ticking me off. Only site rule violations IAW with the link above

3- what are you really trying to get at?
Just cut to the chase please.

-G

Sweet no one has been banned for ticking off gyro. That's my new personal mission. :) just kidding. Lol. This place is awesome. And everyone should ignore all posts from me tonight as I've had a few beverages this evening. :)