• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

I don't look at it that way... while $300 for a plane is a fair amount of money, it's not that small of a bipe. For example, another popular bipe is the Ultimate AMR, which is 2 inches narrower wingspan, very small inside for battery insertion/removal, has a totally different type of hardware setup (cf rod and z bends), only runs 3s, has a non-airfoiled tail, and HS-65 sized servos. The AMR is priced at $225, so for $75 more, you're getting a larger power system, larger more durable servos, ball link hardware, airfoiled tail, and of course, a some famous 3DHS "awesome".

I'm not complaining about the AMR, I had one and just recently sold it. I'm just contrasting the two airplanes. The AMR flies great too, and the guy who bought it from me brings it to the field every week along with a great big smile.

I see what Gyro is saying. But for me personally, if I'm spending 300 dollars, it's not going to be on a smallish bi-plane. It'll be another 57sc or a 60 EXP with room to spare for a few new lipos.

hone

150cc
Yeah i can also see the point, but if you have the gear would you get the bipe or the 51'' slick? I'll wait for folks to get their hands on the bipe to hear what they say, then decide what to do with the stuff from my recently crashed 51''. I might just sell it and fund something in the 70''+ range instead.

Turnerm

50cc
the vyper looks great. But if spending $300, i'll probably go with a 60" class plane like the 59, 57, or 58.

That was my exact thought as well. Although I KNOW that I'll probably pick one of these up eventually - if it's as good as I'm expecting it to be. I knew the price woudl be a bit higher but I wasn't expecting it to be THAT much higher. Not that I'm doubting the price point... I'm sure it's justified, it just shocked me that's all.

gyro

GSN Contributor
That was my exact thought as well. Although I KNOW that I'll probably pick one of these up eventually - if it's as good as I'm expecting it to be. I knew the price woudl be a bit higher but I wasn't expecting it to be THAT much higher. Not that I'm doubting the price point... I'm sure it's justified, it just shocked me that's all.

Well, I don't care how you slice it up, $300 for an airplane is still a big chuck of change for what is categorized as a "toy". I just ordered a 72" Extra during the sale last week, so I'll also be waiting a little while before I hit the purchase button... but I do have a 51" Slick right now, and if I every (I hope not!) crash her, or decide to sell the airframe only, it's nice to know I've already got all the innards ready to go for the Byper.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
<--- RIP I have 4 hs85's and a motor/esc waiting for a home. I'd hate for them to get rusty...