• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Man that's a lot of grass to mow!!!

I'd love to go visit again, I just need a good excuse to warrant driving up there :)

Bipenut53

150cc
[MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION] if you decide to come up, I will drag my 5th wheel over and we all can have some fun!! They have a great mower that can mow at 15 mph, they have fights to see who gets to mow lol Out where the sagebrush used to be they use a tractor with a 3 point hitch and pto with a brush hog.... takes no time at all....

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I'd have to be in a hazmat suit to mow grass.... Fresh cut grass drives my allergies insane.

Whenever they decide they're going to host another huckfest then I'll look into going back up :D

Bipenut53

150cc
I'd have to be in a hazmat suit to mow grass.... Fresh cut grass drives my allergies insane.

Whenever they decide they're going to host another huckfest then I'll look into going back up :D

Well as the state of the club is right now, that is not going to happen..... Those days are gone sad to say

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well as the state of the club is right now, that is not going to happen..... Those days are gone sad to say

You never know sometimes though, people change their minds like the weather changes.

Wasn't it mostly the farmer that had a beef with it?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It was the neighbor who squaked

I've got a neighbor like that. He hates noises of any kind, lawnmower, weed whacker, he even hates the sound of my factory bone stock motorcycle warming up in the morning. And he's one of those guys that likes to express his distaste for something so we've had a a few run in's with him. Just yesterday I was running up my Slick in the driveway getting it all dialed in when I saw him walking out in an uproar, yelling at me.

Of course I never bothered to shut down my engine, I was too busy trying to get the carb to close fully when I hit my kill switch. When I finally did get it shut down the only thing I calmly said to him was that he was making more noise than I was at that point, which prompted him to glare at me while he walked back.

Some people... :rolleyes:

Bipenut53

150cc
I've got a neighbor like that. He hates noises of any kind, lawnmower, weed whacker, he even hates the sound of my factory bone stock motorcycle warming up in the morning. And he's one of those guys that likes to express his distaste for something so we've had a a few run in's with him. Just yesterday I was running up my Slick in the driveway getting it all dialed in when I saw him walking out in an uproar, yelling at me.

Of course I never bothered to shut down my engine, I was too busy trying to get the carb to close fully when I hit my kill switch. When I finally did get it shut down the only thing I calmly said to him was that he was making more noise than I was at that point, which prompted him to glare at me while he walked back.

Some people... :rolleyes:

Good for you.... As long as it isn't obscene noise like say a YS .91 on a tuned pipe then people should just leave well enough alone. I have had my run ins with people and model engine noise... Its more to the point that they don't see past the nose on their faces, my riding mower is much louder than any of my gassers.... and they don't complain about that...... As you say Some People!