• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
I used to use thumb and i used to use a neck strap. Then i went to pinching and a neck strap. Then i got rid of the neck strap. The neck strap is useful sometimes but not when you accidentally hit the throttle with it when you are going for your plane :) I feel like i still have a good grip on my TX while pinching.
You have bigger hands than me :p

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
I used to use my thumbs until I started flying helicopters and my thumbs would end up falling of the sticks (almost crashing a few times). So then I switched to thumb supported with index finger (wouldn't really call it pinch considering the thumb is still on the top of the stick, not the side) for helicopters, but still flew thumb on airplanes until a few weeks later I caught myself using*that method*for both. I recently just started using a neckstrap for helicopters (the longest length available) so my arms feel relaxed. I don't need one for airplanes though :)

I noticed with the thumb and finger approach I could be more precise with the movements, and it also helped my thumb from sliding off the stick during fast stick movements.

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Yeah that's the problem I have with my Dx5e. The gimbals are not very sharp so my finger slides off when I try to do rolling harriers wth the thumb method.

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
First place is random drawing of everyone who entered. 2nd and 3rd get voted on. I think that's how it works. At least that's how I read it.