• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
So lately I have been thinking about doing the jet thing to get my speed freak thing on. What I wound up going with is the JTM 90mm Viper instead of the little Habu 32x DF I originally considered. Going to be a bit spendy, but not any more than a large scale Extra or Edge or something like that. For now Im just going to keep it electric, but who knows I may really like this and do the turbine thing later. I went out and spent the day with a guy I met who fly's a Viper and we did a buddy box with his. Got to tell ya man going 150 plus mph is a freaking blast. I thought it would be kind of boring, but I was wrong...way wrong. Took me a few flights to get used to how far ahead your self you have to fly and the throttle response, but once I got it down I was as happy as pig in Shi*.

Bipenut53

150cc
Very cool Bush!! That is a cool looking jet, I know nothing about EDF setups.... It would be cool to see this in progress.... I will be following along..

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
0a55db10ef462c0a5ab951769953ce70.jpg
42c88c87f529d05b19e81ac042408a42.jpg

This was two weekends ago, used to be my old plane. It basically hit full throttle into a tree after a high alpha stall. The model is a 90 size seagull edge 540 with an OS 120ax.
Used a grappling hook, after two failed modeler attempts, I gave it a whirl and somehow managed to grapple the branch behind it, then pulled and shook it until the branch that was in the wing came out and the rope took its place. So instead of the plane falling down to the ground I could lower it hand over hand until they could grab it (second picture). The ironic part of all of this is his wife accidentally ran over the same wing in the same spot two weeks prior! So we'll see if he fixes it again.

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Nope... I was a bit suspect of him anyway

I think everyone was.

The P-47 was supposed to be delivered to Tom today. Now UPS is saying tomorrow.

Servos, receiver and batteries shipped yesterday.

I have the new motor in my truck. I will go by the post office tomorrow and mail it.

Once he starts the build, I will create a thread.

Bipenut53

150cc
That is so cool!! I wish I could get to Joe Noll.... Maybe some year.... 2200 miles away.... Hook up the 5 th wheel and go...... Hummmm lol

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Power Ball! I have 11 tickets. $1.5 Billion. If one of these things hit! I will fly you to Nall Dennis!

I never play the lottery but the office put together a pool and I kicked in $5. What the heck, $5 for a chance at $1.5B? I know my chances of winning are next to nada but they are better than if I didn't play at all.

Bipenut53

150cc
Same here Bill, I won 7 dollars on the last one, which we rolled right back in and added another 5 so we will see!! And yes if we were to win, you would see me at your flying field lol