• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Uh.

So what's in your hangar now?

I have:

-DW Foamies 40" Yak 54
-DW Foamies 48" Juka
-Multiplex FunCub
-Aerobeez Slick PRO 70"
-Pilot RC 107" Yak 54
-Pilot RC 107" Edge 540

Need to thin out the graveyard, running out of space!!!!

njswede

150cc
I'll give you something to discuss! Rate my save! I'll give it a 4 out of 10 for pulling up two seconds too early. Should have kept my cool and flown it nose down until it almost touched down.

[video=youtube;Pc9qxdPZXJA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc9qxdPZXJA[/video]

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
I'll give you something to discuss! Rate my save! I'll give it a 4 out of 10 for pulling up two seconds too early. Should have kept my cool and flown it nose down until it almost touched down.

I will give you a 7. If you stuck it in that tall grass you probably would have ripped the gear out. When the motor quits low and slow you have to respond ultra quick. I know a lot of guys that would have stalled it and done some major damage.

Last edited by a moderator:

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Uh.

So what's in your hangar now?

50cc Edge 540 (Has 60cc twin)
50cc YAK 55m (Has 55ra)
Xtreme Decathlon (35RA now, purchased EME 55 for it)
GT Trainer (EME 35)

KMP B-25
TF P-51
TF P-40
TF V-Tail Bonanza
Seagull T-6 Texan II
FMS 1700mm Corsair
FMS 1450 P-51
Big Stick
E-Flite Carbon Z Cub
40 size orange racer, don't remember mfgr

Need to thin the herd.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
How much damage pontus? Looks like mostly cowl and possibly some motorbox. How is the landing gear?

Bipenut53

150cc
NJSwede, I'll give you something to discuss! Rate my save! I'll give it a 4 out of 10 for pulling up two seconds too early. Should have kept my cool and flown it nose down until it almost touched down.

Well you did make it close to the runway, and you have something to fix if needed.... so at least a 6.....

njswede

150cc
How much damage pontus? Looks like mostly cowl and possibly some motorbox. How is the landing gear?

As far as crash damage, just a cracked gear.

The crash was caused by the cowl coming loose and lodging behind the spinner back plate, so I'll replace spinner and cowl as well. Luckily, I was going to replace the cowl anyway because I changed the exhaust, so I have a spare at home.

I basically had the choice between diving all the way down to the runway and try to pull up last second or pull up earlier and run the risk of pancaking (which is what happened). However, had I continued the dive a little longer, there's always the risk I didn't have enough energy to pitch up the nose and I might have ripped the gear. The other thing was that I did a 90 degree turn to get back to the runway. As you said, I could have put it down in the long grass, but the ground is very rough there and would probably have caught the gear and ripped it out.

I checked my underwear afterwards, but they were dry... :)

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I'd give it a 4/10. After watching Leseberg land with 1 wing panel, everything else after is child's play!!

50cc Edge 540 (Has 60cc twin)
50cc YAK 55m (Has 55ra)
Xtreme Decathlon (35RA now, purchased EME 55 for it)
GT Trainer (EME 35)

KMP B-25
TF P-51
TF P-40
TF V-Tail Bonanza
Seagull T-6 Texan II
FMS 1700mm Corsair
FMS 1450 P-51
Big Stick
E-Flite Carbon Z Cub
40 size orange racer, don't remember mfgr

Need to thin the herd.

Wish I had the room for more, maybe I need to get that trailer after all... Right now 100CC is the limit.