• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Well... it's been a crazy few weeks at work.. havnt got to do much rc or with my fuel can bussiness.. well I got a break tonight... so we got some cans made up... I'm headed to the STL BIG BIRD EVENT this weekend... about to go in house and make sure my camera.. and the video camera is charged Gona try to

clarkj

70cc twin V2
I'm having a crisis. I got a iPhone 6plus and lately people are having trouble hearing me so Apple wants me to mail it in. Going back to a iPhone 4 is hard to do.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I made it to the field this afternoon with my son Cole. Man we had a great time! Arrived at about 5:30 pm and flew till dark.

We had an accident with Cole's trainer. I managed to capture his response in this photo. uploadfromtaptalk1433657976588.jpg

My 3dhs 72 Extra got a lot of praise. I hucked it with reckless abandon and the guys liked it :D. Most of them have not met me before or seen a lot of 3D flying at that field. Most of them are flying warbirds, EDF jets, and some trainers. The only other plane close to 3D performance was an electric 30cc Great Planes Reactor.

Cole is such a cool little dude. He bore loosing the trainer in a matter-of-fact way that made me proud. I'll put another one together for him in a few months. We laughed and talked about all the planes on the drive home. It's nice to have him as my flying buddy! :D

Bipenut53

150cc
That's really cool! I taught my son to fly at 8 and he is still flying now. He had a few of those moments like your son did, it made me feel sorry and proud at the same time. Those were some of the best memories for both of us! Good going dad!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Awesome post 3dNater.:bouncy:

I've been trying to get my 10yr old grandson interested. Haven't had much luck getting him to put down his video game long enough to even look at an airplane.

clarkj

70cc twin V2
Same here. My 7 year old son doesn't care for flying. I limit his video game time but he still is not interested. He will get on the simulator for a bit but when it's time to go to the field he stays home

Bipenut53

150cc
Some fun...... Much aggravation.....

Well, I left the house this morning in my pickup, loaded with airplanes looking for a good time!! Where we fly is on a private airstrip about 10 miles from my house up on top of the plateau. I started up the hill everything was fine........ I got about 3/4 the way up the hill and I started loosing power..... slower and slower I went. Narrow two lane highway at this point.... The truck died on a mostly level spot.... Looked at the gauges and it was a bit warm, not hot yet but warmer than normal, I thought I could get to the top of the hill and coast a ways.... re started the truck, I made it another mile very slow with the temp climbing.... then bang, and a big cloud of steam and the engine locked up..... I really couldn't get mad, it is a 96 3/4 ton 4x4 heavy duty truck and I have about 236,000 miles on it and it has served me well over the years. But here I sit in the middle of the narrow two lane road with a truck full of airplanes, I was NOT going to leave it there. I sat there with my flashers on, I knew that my flying buddies would be along fairly soon. Sure enough one came by sooooo we towed it the last 3 miles to the flying site and I got to fly. At the end of the flying I loaded it back up and had one of my buddies tow me to the top of the hill and I coasted the truck down the 6 miles to my drive way and I was able to coast in an park it. So all is good? No...... I have to finish rebuilding the transmission for my wife's Tahoe and get her back on the road...... So my 66 GMC Flatbed truck just became our main vehicle....... On top of that when I walked in the house my wife informed me that the kitchen sink was clogged hard..... and it was...... got it unclogged and I am hoping that my week goes better!! At least I got to fly!!!!!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Holy cow!!!! What a rough day! Just said good bye to my daughter, son in law and 3 grandkids. They drove out here from Arizona and now have another 20 hour drive in front of them. Loved seeing them...

Bipenut53

150cc
Holy cow!!!! What a rough day! Just said good bye to my daughter, son in law and 3 grandkids. They drove out here from Arizona and now have another 20 hour drive in front of them. Loved seeing them...

Very cool Mike!! I got to talk with my 4 year old granddaughter on the phone today!!! Made my day much better!!