• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Kim has one?? I thought it was the older one..

He doesn't have it anymore... and you are right, there could have been a new release since then. If they improved on what Kim had last year then it should be very awesome indeed!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Kewl. Horizon dropped the price and is offering free shipping on the airplane, which makes it a tasty looking candidate.. i know it flies awesome.

clarkj

70cc twin V2
Kewl. Horizon dropped the price and is offering free shipping on the airplane, which makes it a tasty looking candidate.. i know it flies awesome.

Thats another plane i put together new and never flew it. The guy that bought it from me does like it though and when i put it together everything fit well

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
Valley veiw gets my prop orders. I think part of the problem with cheif is they seem to ship commercial. I know I saved a few bucks having it shipped to my mother's business vs my house lol

3dNater

So I am revitalizing a used DLE 55 I bought from an RCG forum member. This engine was used to compete in the King 50 in 2012. The previous owner said it seemed to be running hot and doing annoying things like dying in a hover. So after lots of flawless performance it is showing some signs of wear.

I put in an order to VVRC yesterday for bearings, gasket set, and a carb kit. The motor has great compression so I don't feel the ring need to be replaced. Anyway, after talking to some friends one of them suggested I check the wrist-pin and needle bearing. He said I'd be able to feel it but since I'm a noob I don't have confidence that I would be able to tell the difference... so I looked up the parts and saw that they are only $2.99 each at tower. I find it easier to look at tower for some reason but I like the service at VVRC. And... since I already had an order there that hadn't shipped yet I called Tammy at the crack of dawn this morning to see if she could add those parts to my existing order before it ships.

She told me that they only sell the wrist-pin as part of the piston assembly. This whole time she is looking through spare parts bins etc. I could hear her searching lol. Then she says, "oh, here is a used one... I'll just toss it in the box before it gets sealed." Then she found the needle bearing a few moments later and added that part to my order for an incremental increase of only $2.99 for both parts. I just love doing business with those guys and appreciate their support a whole lot. So, shout out to the whole VVRC crew! I love to order from you and I'm sure others love as well!

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
I am completely with you on Valley View's service. But isn't putting a used wrist pin your motor somewhat defeating the purpose of the rebuild? :confused:

3dNater

I am completely with you on Valley View's service. But isn't putting a used wrist pin your motor somewhat defeating the purpose of the rebuild? :confused:

Well, I'm doubting it actually needs a new wrist pin... I haven't inspected it yet. I'll use whichever one looks better. I viewed the other parts as much more critical. I can get the wrist-pin separately from tower if need be. To an extent I am trusting that the VVRC gang would have tossed that pin if it was not in good condition.