• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

A few updates

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418746648732.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418746648732.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 200
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418746682662.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418746682662.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 168
A few of us got some cold weather flying in on Sunday. Cody flew my new 74" Laser around with the Falcon 20x9 on DA-35/ES pipe and showed me a bit of what it is truly capable of. The combo is ALMOST too fast. Stupid amount of tail authority. It has been windy every single time I have had it out though so I have not gotten it real low yet.

Also flew a few packs through my 72" 330SC and tried this hot water bottle trick another local taught me to keep the lipos warm. I boiled some water in my tea kettle, poured it into some water bottles, put those at the bottle of my 8 can cooler, and put the charged lipos on top.

I also ordered a HK heater system to try to put into something.

I am on a layover at the moment in Houston. Nice 60 degrees. We won't see those temps till April or May at home.

Trailer looking nice Blake. You are already a step above what mine is with those nice finishing details.

Last edited by a moderator:

clarkj

70cc twin V2
A few of us got some cold weather flying in on Sunday. Cody flew my new 74" Laser around with the Falcon 20x9 on DA-35/ES pipe and showed me a bit of what it is truly capable of. The combo is ALMOST too fast. Stupid amount of tail authority. It has been windy every single time I have had it out though so I have not gotten it real low yet.

Also flew a few packs through my 72" 330SC and tried this hot water bottle trick another local taught me to keep the lipos warm. I boiled some water in my tea kettle, poured it into some water bottles, put those at the bottle of my 8 can cooler, and put the charged lipos on top.

I also ordered a HK heater system to try to put into something.

I am on a layover at the moment in Houston. Nice 60 degrees. We won't see those temps till April or May at home.

Trailer looking nice Blake. You are already a step above what mine is with those nice finishing details.

Hk heater? Can you send a link?

Nice job Blake. You moving in there or hauling planes? LOL
We go big with our trailers down here isn't that right [MENTION=2925]pbilt024[/MENTION].. I have built mine on s budget.. ya should see some of tge otger guys trailers [MENTION=2739]ddparker[/MENTION] got any pics of yours.. But yea I will be living out of it on the weekends this summer

vegasking

70cc twin V2
By saving $100 average a night by sleeping in the trailer, just think in a whole summer or two you'll have paid for it! lol