• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

ryan_m

100cc
Wish I could have made it Blake, but I'm trying to move into a new house and won't be doing much flying at all until about the 2nd week of June. Packing and trips to a storage unit complex have consumed my weekends lately. :(

gyro

GSN Contributor
Wish I could have made it Blake, but I'm trying to move into a new house and won't be doing much flying at all until about the 2nd week of June. Packing and trips to a storage unit complex have consumed my weekends lately. :(

Congrats on the new house. How far from where we flew?

Well the Madien didnt happen today. Left the house and the winds where not bad, but by the time we got to searcy We had a 15-20 cross Wind to Our backs with Gust up to 30 mph at times. So I opted to leave the Slick in the trailer, plus is wasnt the best place to madien a new one if something was to go Wrong. So maybe the Weather man has missed the wind forcast for tomorrow and I can madien it tomorrow at Kennett but it doesnt look like it..

alawson999

70cc twin V2
I have noticed that a newly completed plane, ready for maiden flight, can cause the wind to blow abnormally hard for days at a time...

;-)

ryan_m

100cc
Congrats on the new house. How far from where we flew?

The new house is over in Maumelle, about 8-10 miles from the field we flew at. I work about 2/10 mile from the field we flew at though, me and a few friends fly there almost every friday during lunch when the weather is decent.

Current house is on too busy of a street, plus no kids in the neighborhood. So we had to put the house up for sale so our kids would be safer and have some friends to play with. I sure will miss this house and it's location. We built the house, and have a lot of "us" in it. Hard to find a house you like as much as one you had built...

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Beating Gary to the post. Just had a nice lunch and "pub cast" in San Antonio! Great to put a face with a call sign. Thanks for coming downtown Gary. Maybe we'll fly next time.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Beating Gary to the post. Just had a nice lunch and "pub cast" in San Antonio! Great to put a face with a call sign. Thanks for coming downtown Gary. Maybe we'll fly next time.

Thanks Daren, and thanks for the late lunch! Very unnecessary and very appreciated. It really was nice to sit down and shoot the breeze. Perfect day for a cold beer on the patio.

Next time I'll make sure we've got time to fly!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thanks Daren, and thanks for the late lunch! Very unnecessary and very appreciated. It really was nice to sit down and shoot the breeze. Perfect day for a cold beer on the patio.

Next time I'll make sure we've got time to fly!

I look forward to it.