• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I don't like any "spec" series type rules in any racing. The Lycoming IOxx-580 engine is probably what most would use anyway, but the prop should be open. This kind of socialized racing has all but destroyed Indy cars. Anytime you have a racing series with less technical diversity than even NASCAR, I lose interest.

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I don't like any "spec" series type rules in any racing. The Lycoming IOxx-580 engine is probably what most would use anyway, but the prop should be open. This kind of socialized racing has all but destroyed Indy cars. Anytime you have a racing series with less technical diversity than even NASCAR, I lose interest.

They haven't "one designed" airframes and aerodynamics in this venue create more diversity than in auto racing don't you think? If your point is true all the times should be grouped tighter than they are. There are so many more variables. I don't think "boring" will be describing the new RBAR.

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
I'm glad for the return of RB air races, new regs or not. I watched the Abu Dhabi race and thought it was great. What I would give to have the ability and opportunity to fly like that. AWESOME