• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

gyro

GSN Contributor
i have some practically new 7245's and I noticed some slop in the gears. I inspected the gears and they looked good so I changed them anyways. I put the case back on and same slop. I had a 5245 case I tried on them no slop. So I guess the top case pin holes has already wore out. crazy. This and some troubles with some 65mgs has me worried.

sounds like you're joining the 10%ers.... you know, the ones who can actually abuse a servo to it's breaking point by just going out and flying!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
sounds like you're joining the 10%ers.... you know, the ones who can actually abuse a servo to it's breaking point by just going out and flying!

Just trashed a savox 0255 in my MXS tonight! An aileron locked up at about 30 degrees deflection. It was an interesting minute getting it back on the ground! It was after a nice crankshaft. Oops!

wedoitall

thats pretty much why i put a 5245 in the elevator of my 51 slick and 48 mxs. seems like im really hard on elevator and rudder servos. i wouldnt worry as much if my daily flying spot wasnt as wooded as it is. if i had more open field.

does anybody know the turn around when you send servos to hitec? atm i have 4 65's 2 85's 1 5245 and the 4 7245's i would like to send off. i have a set of 5245's i could use but i hate to.

gyro

GSN Contributor
thats pretty much why i put a 5245 in the elevator of my 51 slick and 48 mxs. seems like im really hard on elevator and rudder servos. i wouldnt worry as much if my daily flying spot wasnt as wooded as it is. if i had more open field.

does anybody know the turn around when you send servos to hitec? atm i have 4 65's 2 85's 1 5245 and the 4 7245's i would like to send off. i have a set of 5245's i could use but i hate to.

About two weeks

also how does the servo programmer work? can you program a digi to react in a certain failure a certain way?

Sort of. You can program the servo to reduce power during a "binding" so that it won't burn up the motor or circuits.