• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

quadracer

100cc
It is way beyond saving... I still had control after detonation, so I was going to bring it back in and load up another round, but the fire burnt the elevator servo wires and that's when it went in, LOL. My sister in law took some awesome photos, I'll post those when she sends them to me. This is the only ones I've got for now.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373228691.073228.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21373228711.971951.jpg

quadracer

100cc
Yeah, it has some dirt caked in it but it was still spinning when I walked out to pick up the pieces. I think the esc suffered some damage because i killed the throttle as soon as it went in, so it shouldnt have been running... I think my Rx is toast, it looks like it was cremated. The two old 6S batteries have giant dents in them, but the haven't shorted. I'll be getting rid of them anyway. All the servos feel smooth, but I haven't actually tested them yet.

wedoitall

It is way beyond saving... I still had control after detonation, so I was going to bring it back in and load up another round, but the fire burnt the elevator servo wires and that's when it went in, LOL. My sister in law took some awesome photos, I'll post those when she sends them to me. This is the only ones I've got for now.
View attachment 10432
View attachment 10433

now that's hillbilly. wish I coulda been there, from the video sounds like you guys were having good times.

dskuro95

100cc
Hey everyone. If you could please pray for my dad. Today while flying with Pontus Rydin, I got a call from my older brother. He told me my dad was running up his 118" CARF Extra 260 and it hit him in the leg. My younger brother was holding the plane and he must have got nervous and let go. Luckily, the plane was at idle. The carbon fiber 3-bladed prop cut into his left thigh, inside fo right leg by the knee, and right above his left foot where the tongue of your shoe is. He is leaving the hospital soon. Not too bad. He had three spots on his legs. One on his thigh(most pain but doesn't need stiches), one on the inside of his left leg by knee(in line with middle of knee cap and about 3 inches down) got stiched and skingraphed. And then one by his foot by where the tongue fo your shoe would be. Luckily his tongue of shoe was there. My dad was more worried about not being able to go Philmont Scout Ranch with my younger brothers for a boy scout backpacking trip. And having to replace his $200 prop
He should be able to hike

SnowDog

Yikes! Sorry to hear about your dad; glad that he will be okay; prayers being sent for your dad and your brother!

dskuro95

100cc
Thanks. My younger brother was more traumatized then my dad. My dad took it pretty well. He said if it wasn't for the initial shcok of watching the blood shoot out he woulda just patched it up and sucked it up

joshgluck

100cc
Hey everyone. If you could please pray for my dad. Today while flying with Pontus Rydin, I got a call from my older brother. He told me my dad was running up his 118" CARF Extra 260 and it hit him in the leg. My younger brother was holding the plane and he must have got nervous and let go. Luckily, the plane was at idle. The carbon fiber 3-bladed prop cut into his left thigh, inside fo right leg by the knee, and right above his left foot where the tongue of your shoe is. He is leaving the hospital soon. Not too bad. He had three spots on his legs. One on his thigh(most pain but doesn't need stiches), one on the inside of his left leg by knee(in line with middle of knee cap and about 3 inches down) got stiched and skingraphed. And then one by his foot by where the tongue fo your shoe would be. Luckily his tongue of shoe was there. My dad was more worried about not being able to go Philmont Scout Ranch with my younger brothers for a boy scout backpacking trip. And having to replace his $200 prop
He should be able to hike

Damn man! Glad he is going to be ok and very sorry to hear about this.. Those blades do a whole bunch of damage..

quadracer

100cc
now that's hillbilly. wish I coulda been there, from the video sounds like you guys were having good times.
Oh yeah, good times for sure. We had about 100 people there, a small crowd due to the crappy weather we had all weekend. Usually there's 200-300 people there, and we cook a few hogs and drink about a silo of beer. :D

I did fly the EF Extra about 10 times on Friday, and the heli saw a few flights as well. I was flying the heli when my mother in law let her dogs out of the camper, they immediately started chasing it around the field. I had to land it on top of my truck to keep them from beheading themselves when I landed.