• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

** The 3DRCForums 38! **

Vintauri

50cc
This sounds like a fun way to get peoples feet wet in competition flying! I doubt I can make it but if I can I'll be happy to photograph the event! :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
** The 3DRCForums 38! ** In conjunction with the NJ FLI, July 11-14th

This sounds like a fun way to get peoples feet wet in competition flying! I doubt I can make it but if I can I'll be happy to photograph the event! :)

Having a professional photographer cover our contest would be a true honor! We really hope you can make it!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
We're absolutely thrilled to announce the 1st Annual "3DRCForums 38, 3D Showdown!"

This competition will occur in conjunction with the New Jersey Fly Low In, July 11-14.
(http://www.3drcforums.com/showthrea...11-12-13-14-Washington-New-Jersey-6th-Annual)

This year's event will be an open amateur 3D competition. We're still working on the "fine print" but the following has been settled:

[H=1]Requirements/Structure:[/H]

1. Gasoline Aircraft up 38cc - No electric motor restrictions
  2. Wingspans from 50" up to 78" (without racing wingtips)
  3. Entrants may not be sponsored by an Aircraft Manufacturer
  4. Flying routines may not exceed 3 minutes
  5. Routines to music are strongly encouraged
  6. No extra points for smoke, streamers, or other props
  7. Judging factors will be based specifically on 3D Freestyle Flying!
  8. Thursday & Friday will be 1 - 1.5 hours of semi-finals
  9. Saturday will be the finals of the top 10 scored pilots from Thursday & Friday.
  10. Judges: Joe Smith, Cody Wojcik, Ben Fisher, and at least one more to be announced

Specific judging criteria and application requirements will be posted soon... as well as Prize info.

[H=1]Competitor List:[/H]
  1. The Donz - Anthony
  2. The Knife - Steven
  3. 3DBandit - Jacob (MAYBE)
  4. zmonster
  5. djmoose
  6. Jamesrini
  7. Aaeolien
  8. Crashes A Lot
  9. dskuro95
  10. RC Girl (MAYBE)
  11. Tominator06 (MAYBE)
  12. ???
DTH7 if there's any way I can get there!

Gary, AWESOME. Once again you and the 3DFormus team have crystallized the thoughts of many. I'm sure as soon as the "controversy" began a week or so ago re: King 50 and all that there have been brain cells burning with a good solution. I think you guys have hit the nail on the head. Fantastic. I'm going to spread the word. THANK YOU ALL for your continued promotion of 3D, Freestyle, Precision and letting the amateur's get in the game. Can't wait to see more details in the coming weeks. This is going to be a great event.
ps- Your registration should include Forum names since that's how most of us have met and know each other!

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
DJO with this contest I wouldn't worry about going out and being a competitive person. Think of it as showing off for 3 minutes trying to not crash an airplane. :) I'm not the best pilot and judging by the list of folks that are in for this thing I have zero chance of winning unless alot of airplanes meet their makers that day. I am just going to go out and have fun with my 3 minutes in the sky where everyone is watching. That to me is what is going to make this fun. Win lose or draw its just going to be fun to fly in.

+1 EXACTLY- Its a "get your feet wet" to competition opportunity among friends imbedded in a big 3D event. Great chance to see if you may just like competition.