• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

TESTING - Aerobeez 93" EXTRA 330 SC with DLE 111 Twin!

amstd7

70cc twin V2
Finally got this plane to balance after having to add weight all the way to the motor stand offs. This bird is powered by the DLE61, and came up to 21lbs 8oz less fuel.
What do you guys think about the weight?

I have the same set-up with the DLE 61 and it weighs 20.5lbs RTF with 16oz of fuel. I feel it's a little underpowered but it's OK for 98% of what I do. I advised Aerobeez a couple of months ago that their CG location was misprinted on there website. I think it's been corrected now. The number they give you is at the tips, not at the wing root. Depending on what you like for a CG it needs to be at least at the very back of the wing tube.

amstd7

70cc twin V2
I'm working as we speak, getting all this weight out that I added, I will be letting you guys know how it works out, hopefully ok thanks for all the info and help

amstd7

70cc twin V2
Yes we did fly it at the Huck-O-Ween event, we took all the weight out and balanced it where you balanced yours, it flies really good but I agree with you, it does need a DA 70, that would make it just right. Thanks

Yes we did fly it at the Huck-O-Ween event, we took all the weight out and balanced it where you balanced yours, it flies really good but I agree with you, it does need a DA 70, that would make it just right. Thanks.

You may have me confused with Rab879. I'm who suggested the DLE was a little weak and a DA70 would be better. I too have mine balanced right at the wing bolts which translates to about 8.5" behind the leading edge at the root and it flies perfect there.
Rab879 what are you using for power on yours?

rab879

30cc
I am using a DLE 61 with stock muffler. At first it was a little sluggish but as the motor breaks in it gets better and better. I'm running a 24-8 falcon wood and now it seems to have enough power for me. Not ballistic but nice.