• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Technically Not Nall 2015

I'll take a look. I think you are seeing it rotate on the wing tube, but I haven't picked the carcass yet. Thanks for the input. But the opposite reaction is what I would expect if the entire surface is free spinning. I don't have any mixes in but it is definitely worth investigating!

BJ Swope

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm seeing the same thing as Terry and Stang. At first I thought, since I've never owned an EF Edge that the servo might be in the fuse like my Pilot 30% Edge. That in theory could do what I'm seeing if the stab turns down in front. But I see now that the servo is in the stab and it sure looks like the elevator is deflecting down separate from the stab.

thurmma

150cc
Right about 54 seconds in it sounds like a switch is flipped. Before that the elevator halves were both working together. After that, we all know what was happening. Just a thought on where to look to see what may have happened.

SleepyC

150cc
I was told he did a little work before the flight and forgot to put the ele bolts back in.... :(

Been there, done that.. that sucks...

I noticed early on in the video that the left elevator would move down slightly before moving up. Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me.....

I played it in full screen, and paused it as the airplane lifted, and the left stab was floating on the tube, actually, even before it got airborn. Then after that it was over.

Sucks burning one in the dirt on a maiden.......

Last edited: