Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

talking about witch feul you use for your engine

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by Trump, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Trump

Trump 30cc

Hello to you all; http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/images/smilies/198.gif http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/images/smilies/198.gif
    i was wondering.
    there are a lot of modelers talking about witch oil to use for there engine,
    is there also interest about witch feul you use there are some different feuls to be used
    for our engines
    i use shell v-power at this moment and i am changing to bp ultimate with additive
    here they say the octain is higher and gives better performers and the engine runs smoother with more power how much more i dont know yet

The question is
    witch feul do you use at this moment
    did you change feul over the years
    and so on

2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Mostly BP Premium and haven't had a reason to change. And it all has Ethanol around here.

3. Crappiest fuel I can get, 87 Oct.. Mixed 50:1 Sthil Ultra.

JAG and yakken like this.
  4. yakken

yakken 100cc

87 octane sthil ultra hp 40:1

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

5. JAG

JAG 70cc twin V2

That's what I run.

6. GSNadmin

GSNadmin Staff Member

I de-ethanol my fuel, that is the best thing you can do.

GaryToland likes this.
  7. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

How exactly do you de-ethanol your fuel.

On the fuel note though I run 91 octane mixed 30-1 with the same stuff I run in my echo weedeater.

8. GSNadmin

GSNadmin Staff Member

fuel-sample.jpg

It's easy you add water to fuel and wait till the ethanol separates than drain off the water, the water will attach to the ethanol and sink to the bottom.

js-rc likes this.
  9. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

I run 91 octane from either a Mobile or Chevron station, if there is a Shell nearby then I will go there. We pretty much only have ethanol fuels here, there's no way to avoid them, so instead I go to a high quality gas station and get their 91 octane.

10. Buddy5303

Buddy5303 70cc twin V2

Shell V power and 100:1 amsoil