• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Switching a 31 Club Pylon Racer to E Power

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
IMAC FANATIC said

Now that looks like fun !  i want one too ! 

I really enjoyed racing it back in the day. We had a small field so it was a 500' two pylon course. Standing there flying around yourself trying to fly smooth, turn well, not hit anyone, or the pylons for that matter, all while other airplanes are screaming around you was a mix of fear and excitement. I could only imagine what Formula 1 was like.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
IMAC FANATIC said
Now that looks like fun !  i want one too ! 
Brian, you would probably also like the next electric power swap I'm going to do. I just bought an unfinished Phoenix 8 pattern airplane project. The planes from the ballistic days of pattern are my favorite, I've owned several. While I will miss the piped screaming .61 two stroke I'm wanting something to take to the field with me when I take my T-Rex 550 heli and I don't have room for all the glow starting equipment, nor do I want to get slimy.
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

1.JPG

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
cbarnes0061 said
Glad the NACA ducts worked out well for you. Now how about some video of it flying?
I would but I don't have a video camera capable of focusing on a small fast mover. The ones I have struggle with big airplanes going slow. I bought a nice Samsung last year and so far I hate it.

BalsaDust

You need one of these mounted to your hat. Tried to upload a picture but can't figure out how to upload to the new site.
http://mobius-actioncam.com/

Here is a video I took with it of my ChubCub I designed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYRPoSjk2bg&list=UU5O-0OL0M_DUD_L-dLF-kaQ