• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Surviving Joe Nall 2015

Firefly

30cc
few tips I did not see mentioned.
  • Tie down your canopy on the flight line at all times! too many times I see someone else car, trailer or planes get damaged because someones canopy flew. We use tie down straps to spiral dog tie-out (dollar store) if ground is soft enough and at night just take the fabric four corners off and bundle it in center.
  • beware camping at 3D line is noisy, hooting and hollering and loud music. Its not OK to do but it still going to happen some nights.
  • more noise... thousands of frogs in the ponds calling out at night.
  • wear flip flops in the shower
  • have tarps or plastic sheets on hand to cover planes for those sudden rain showers that do occur.
  • there are stores out in town and ICE vending machines. There is also a Walmart not too far out.
  • water proof shoes/boots, gets muddy after it rains.
  • shuttle bus runs during the day but stops if it gets too muddy.
  • bring instant coffee, some vendor's coffee is just tinted water.
  • towels to dry off stuff from the morning dew.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
few tips I did not see mentioned.
  • Tie down your canopy on the flight line at all times! too many times I see someone else car, trailer or planes get damaged because someones canopy flew. We use tie down straps to spiral dog tie-out (dollar store) if ground is soft enough and at night just take the fabric four corners off and bundle it in center.
  • beware camping at 3D line is noisy, hooting and hollering and loud music. Its not OK to do but it still going to happen some nights.
  • more noise... thousands of frogs in the ponds calling out at night.
  • wear flip flops in the shower
  • have tarps or plastic sheets on hand to cover planes for those sudden rain showers that do occur.
  • there are stores out in town and ICE vending machines. There is also a Walmart not too far out.
  • water proof shoes/boots, gets muddy after it rains.
  • shuttle bus runs during the day but stops if it gets too muddy.
  • bring instant coffee, some vendor's coffee is just tinted water.
  • towels to dry off stuff from the morning dew.
Some great tips, I bring several sets of ear plugs for the noise during my beauty sleep.

Attachments

• IMG_20150314_101206.jpg
    IMG_20150314_101206.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 254
It's not working.......;):frown::LOL_gif:
Funny story. At Nall, I think 3 years ago, one of the big storms comes up around 1 am. My son and I are listening to the weather radio and hearing the thunder coming closer and closer. Well we come under the warning on the radio and I look at Ben and say "we better wake up the guys". Understand we had been going pretty hard on the, "ahem", adult beverages that evening so we were all hurting. None more than @ChickenBalls . Ben goes up to chickenballs tent and says"Donnie, get up a storm is coming"! chickenballs comes staggering out of his tent uttering only one sound, OOOOOOOhhhhh! Thought he was going to loose his cookies right there but props to him, he held it back, staggered into his truck and we heard no more from him until the "dawn patrol" fired up.:lol2:

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Funny story. At Nall, I think 3 years ago, one of the big storms comes up around 1 am. My son and I are listening to the weather radio and hearing the thunder coming closer and closer. Well we come under the warning on the radio and I look at Ben and say "we better wake up the guys". Understand we had been going pretty hard on the, "ahem", adult beverages that evening so we were all hurting. None more than @ChickenBalls . Ben goes up to chickenballs tent and says"Donnie, get up a storm is coming"! chickenballs comes staggering out of his tent uttering only one sound, OOOOOOOhhhhh! Thought he was going to loose his cookies right there but props to him, he held it back, staggered into his truck and we heard no more from him until the "dawn patrol" fired up.:lol2:

I would have drowned that night if not for Ben. I would have slept till lunch, if some Aussie/Hispanic/Useless Pepe wasn't beating on my window hollering dawn patrol.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
She's fine, not a scratch on her (Thank you Lord) The firemen had traffic stopped, and truck came in took out fender, and ripped bumper off. She said she knew she was in trouble, when the officer directing/holding traffic climbed over her hood to get away from fire truck:lol2:

She's fine, not a scratch on her (Thank you Lord) The firemen had traffic stopped, and truck came in took out fender, and ripped bumper off. She said she knew she was in trouble, when the officer directing/holding traffic climbed over her hood to get away from fire truck:lol2:
WOW! Glad she is OK. Well I hate to be the fire Dept that has to pay that insurance settlement. You sure she did not get some "whiplash".:LOL_gif: Might be able to buy that 100cc ultimate after all!:money_talks: