• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sure Makes One Appreciate One's Own Field

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Tight quarters make for some fun landings lol. As mentioned before fly where you can and have fun

Islandflyer;11037 wrote: Yes, that is Gaby's home field...surrounded with trees, bushes and buildings...

Tight!

Agreed! I visited PR in '09 hung out with Gabby, Vic and the rest of Team PR. Tight is the right word, to say the least!

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
Where i learned to fly in No. Virginia in 1984 , we had a 35x250ft grass runway with medium sized tress at both ends. The runway was 35 feet lower on one end than the other and after it rained, the low end half was a pond for days until it dried out. Made us all better pilots though. I can really appreciate a nice open flying area.

thurmma

150cc
When you get used to flying in tight quarters, and then you go to a field with no obstructions you feel more confident and, at least for me, get lower and a little wilder lol.

Flying in cramped spaces makes you a better pilot!!

I started flying of a narrow road and it definitely made me better at landing because there was water behind me and brush on the other side of the road, no room for missing the runway :)

rcpilotacro

70cc twin V2
Well, i was a spoilt brat initially, had 3 Klicks long real runways to fly all the time, until i reached a ill station where i was limited to a Soccer (Yeah Soccer) field, flew every damn thing from there including a Jet, Made me a accurate flier (whenever i wasn't i crashed :) )