• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Stress - Anyone have a solution that doesn't include pills?

SleepyC

150cc
So I am under a lot of stress right now. New baby, new job, a lot is going on.. and I have some other situations that I won't get into but they are really stressing me out. Anyone have any tips to get rid of chest tightening, body temp raising, sweating anxiety attacks? Man... I had one this afternoon and it shut me down.. for like an hour. I had an check up a little while back so all my parts is healthy, this is just stress related attacks... I've tried some tea and stuff and of course a few brews don;t hurt, but this was 11:30am, not sure sucking down a few wobbly pops at 11:30am is "ok". HAHAHA

Anyone?

pawnshopmike

Staff member
[MENTION=5]SleepyC[/MENTION]

Run! Running is a great way to relieve stress. Also really deep breaths and some distractions work well for me. Pop a good comedy in the DVD player, play some GTA5 or pick up a good book. I've heard that yoga works too but I've never tried it.

edit: And I'm with you on the no pills deal. That's the last thing I need is another crutch. Hope you get things back on track bro. You've been through the ringer the past month or so.

-Rick-

100cc
[MENTION=5]SleepyC[/MENTION]

Best way for me was to put on some good tunes, not to harsh stuff with a set of headphones. Lay on the couch and stare at a dot on the ceiling. Concentrate on the dot while telling my head NOT to think of anything else. The head (mind) needs a break to!! It worked for me.

I've gone through a lot of nasty stuff lately like laying on a operating table for 9 hours while surgeon opened up my back and fixed it. He fixed it real good alright, left it in one hell of a mess and fled the country a week later... I can't work anymore...

But anyways, just shut the door on all the bad **** in your head for 1/2 hour or more. Helped me. Takes a bit to get used to doing it, but I did.

Good luck Sleep! As people tell me, it WILL get better...

Bipeguy03

150cc
The way I deal with it is go fly.. I always keep a small beat up park flyer around, something that just works and that I'm not afraid of smashing. Then just go and stir the sticks and get lost in what I'm doing.

If I can't fly because of weather, or time of day or what not, I just find a dark room sit down take a few deep breaths and listen to myself think.. (yes I mean talk to myself lol)

Hope ya get things straightened out Sleep!!

Ken-H

Centerpunchit!
Sleepy, seriously no drinking when your stressed please...

Exercise and time with family and friends. I will choke you out if you are drinking for relief.

-Rick-

100cc
Ken-H;9761 wrote: Sleepy, seriously no drinking when your stressed please...

Exercise and time with family and friends. I will choke you out if you are drinking for relief.

+1, I'll hold him down for you...

nebwake

70cc twin V2
Any exercise, for me its running, especially anythjng over 45mins -1 hour. The endorphins that come with distance running are better than any wobbly pop out there!