• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

squeaking ball links??

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I did this on my 42% MXS scratch build. I built the plane to pound on with 3D flying so I had hinges every 4" on the aileron.....all glued in with poly glue. I used some plain old old 3-in one oil and put a super fine CA glue tip on the bottle to get the smallest drop possible. Oiled every hinge and it went away but usually came back after a while. I've had others others done with poly glue do the same thing though.

Ok, thank you!! I am convinced!! When I get home from the super bowl party, I will lube the hinges!! Thanks again!!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
In previous years, I have used Byron Lube Booster for Nitro fuel and Q-tips when installing hinges. Works great especially on Robart Pin Points. Never had a hinge that wasn't wisper quiet. Recently though, I have been using Engine Builder assembly lube. Great stuff.

Just take a pair of pliers and gently squeeze the link on top and bottom of the black housing and that will free it. This is caused from over tightening during installation.

Dave

I posted this question in February, and after 200 flights and over 40 hours of flight time, I determined the source. It was not the ball links, and it was not the hinge points. It was one single servo on the right wing. It would squeak anytime i did a 2 point roll or a 2 of 4. I could hear the squeak from 400 yards away!!! LOL!!! It actually sounded cool.
But, all kidding aside, the squeaking came from a JR MP 82T servo, and not from the gears. I opened up the servo, and there was no wear, no slop, no bearing problems. The actual problem is the core less motor. When i spin it, it makes the squeak sound.

Here is a video of the squeak:

i will post pictures soon of the servo inside.

Here are the pics:

IMG_8923.JPG
IMG_8924.JPG