• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Spektrum dx8

I put my dx8 on wall charger last for 8 hours got to field and radio wont power up says low battery worked good last weekend pulled battery out and checked with wolt meter 3.1 volts is all it will show would you guys replace with lipo or standard pack alos if lipo whos would you use also I need it buy this weekend to go flying
Thanks Ben

gyro

GSN Contributor
I put my dx8 on wall charger last for 8 hours got to field and radio wont power up says low battery worked good last weekend pulled battery out and checked with wolt meter 3.1 volts is all it will show would you guys replace with lipo or standard pack alos if lipo whos would you use also I need it buy this weekend to go flying
Thanks Ben

Ben, I like LiIon better in transmitters, I feel better leaving them in there for extended periods. I know [MENTION=109]NJSwede[/MENTION] just got a LiIon battery from [MENTION=1155]Fromeco[/MENTION] for his dx8.
He got this one:
http://www.fromeco.org/Products/01FRCDX8/

I was just amazed that the stock battery died like it did I don't know what happened to it pull it off charger and it's warm and dead

njswede

150cc
Ben, I like LiIon better in transmitters, I feel better leaving them in there for extended periods. I know [MENTION=109]NJSwede[/MENTION] just got a LiIon battery from [MENTION=1155]Fromeco[/MENTION] for his dx8.
He got this one:
http://www.fromeco.org/Products/01FRCDX8/

Yes I have! And I will get back to you with my thoughts on it as soon as I've had a chance to test it. I haven't been flying in ages (it feels like at least) due to rain, high winds, family stuff and travels. And Sunday is Mother's Day, so no flying then either... :(

njswede

150cc
Does it take a long time for stock charger to charge lipo

Correct me someone if I'm wrong, but I don't think you're supposed to use the stock charger with a LiPo. Instead, you're supposed to take it out and put it on your regular LiPo charger.

I bought the spektrum lipo and use the supplied charger per manual left it pluged in fir 14 hrs and charger kicjed off at 8.1 volts