• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

south central Region IMAC competitions

I am interested in knowing if we held an IMAC contest here in Shreveport, who would come to it. Meaning, could we get at least 4 pilots in each class (BASIC, SPORTSMAN, INTERMEDIATE) to attend.

Shreveport is a town of about 280,000 people. it is in the Northwest corner of the State of Louisiana.

the club is located in NORTH SHREVEPORT, out in the country. it is on State Road 71.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//32.656285,-93.8370252/@32.6545507,-93.8361884,16z

It is about a 2.8 hour drive away from central Dallas, Texas. (194 miles from central dallas to our club).

it is about 4 hours drive from Houston, Texas. (247 miles)

It is about 3 hours away from Little Rock, Arkansas. (203 miles)

it is 3 hours and 40 minutes away from Benbrook/Fort Worth, Texas (241 miles)

It is about 3.5 hours away from Jackson, MS (228 miles)

It is 3.5 hours away from Sherman, Texas (220 miles away)

it is a 6 hour drive away from Piedmont, Oklahoma (398 miles)

It is 5 hour and 14 minutes away from Tulsa, Oklahoma (334 miles)

it is 6 hours away from Oklahoma City, OK (386 miles)

Our facility is outstanding, we have an asphalt runway that runs north / south, and there is plenty of covered area, electricity and a club house. we also have an area where airplanes possibly could be locked up into over-night. (i will check to confirm).

And there is electricity and a vending area. Multiple outlets available for charging batteries and the such. we also can have people park trailers and RV in the property. there is also electrical plug ins for RV. ( i will double check this).

please PM me if you would be willing to attend or you can post here. IF i get enough response, then i will submit for sanctioning an event. i would also need as much help as i can from the experienced IMAC pilots to help me with the logistics of the competition.

thank you

i am thinking, this event will be good to help open the season in South Central, in that, being it will be 1st for the area in a while, it will also be 1st for many of the basic pilots, and that way, the 1st time pilots will get an idea of what it is like, and that way, when they go to the more organized and established events, such as the ones in MS, AR, TX, OK they will have more of an idea of what is going on. let me all know what you think!!

Last edited: