• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Somethin extra

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Personal preference, but I hate working with monocote. I think Ultracote sticks better, and is easier to work with. A lot more forgiving. Just stay away from black ultracote if you can as it has a bad rep for wrinkling under various conditions. With that said, Monocote is tough stuff and light.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Personal preference, but I hate working with monocote. I think Ultracote sticks better, and is easier to work with. A lot more forgiving. Just stay away from black ultracote if you can as it has a bad rep for wrinkling under various conditions. With that said, Monocote is tough stuff and light.
+1
Ultracote is way easier to work with but Monocote is more durable.

TonyHallo

150cc
What Mikey said!

But there is a third option, Hobby King covering film, 5 meters for $13.00, looks like Monokote, goes on like UltraKote and stays tight. I covered these wings in December 2014, still tight today. The only problems I ran into was I could not color match the green covering and when floating trim colors on top you need to let the liquid completely dry before sealing. The autobody store was able to match the white and blue without a problem.

IMG_1451.JPG