• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

So just how does Aero-Tow Soaring work?

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Hunterdon County, just west of Clinton in Pittstown, 08867.....maybe 30 min from Harmony looking at it on Google

xtraflyr

New to GSN!
When we get our field up and running I'll let you know. We can use new members. Right now we have no grass. Basically we're building on the side of a hill.
What club do you belong to?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 443

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Just to prove you can have fun towing gliders on the cheap, here is a short video I took at the field a few weeks ago of a Walmart hand toss glider that has had a rudder and elevator added. It's being towed by a foamie Cub.

Jeff, the owner of both airplanes had been letting other people fly the glider while he did the towing all morning. The video is when he had one of the other club members fly the Cub and tow him up for a change. Hilarity ensued a few seconds after I stopped filming when the battery on the glider that was taped way forward on the nose for balance fell off and was dangling by the lead. The huge change in CG made the glider mostly uncontrollable and made the Cub do all sorts of aerobatics before Jeff got the release to work. Both airplanes landed undamaged, but it took them quite awhile to find the glider in a bean field across the street from the flying field.

After some added tape the next flight went much better and Jeff was up with the foamie glider for over 20 minutes. I bet that's a record for a Walmart hand toss glider.;)

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Just to prove you can have fun towing gliders on the cheap, here is a short video I took at the field a few weeks ago of a Walmart hand toss glider that has had a rudder and elevator added. It's being towed by a foamie Cub.

Jeff, the owner of both airplanes had been letting other people fly the glider while he did the towing all morning. The video is when he had one of the other club members fly the Cub and tow him up for a change. Hilarity ensued a few seconds after I stopped filming when the battery on the glider that was taped way forward on the nose for balance fell off and was dangling by the lead. The huge change in CG made the glider mostly uncontrollable and made the Cub do all sorts of aerobatics before Jeff got the release to work. Both airplanes landed undamaged, but it took them quite awhile to find the glider in a bean field across the street from the flying field.

After some added tape the next flight went much better and Jeff was up with the foamie glider for over 20 minutes. I bet that's a record for a Walmart hand toss glider.;)

Cool story Doug. Thanks for sharing!