• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sim sessions!

njswede

150cc
The first time I tried to join my isp kicked me off as soon as I connected. :facepalm: When I tried again it went through.

That was fun. I forgot to un-click the "Kick lagging users" flag. It's usually a good way of keeping rednecks Wedoitall away. :)

njswede

150cc
hillbilly dsl is giving me a bad reputation.

you know the term redneck actually became popular from coalminers in WV. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck after the Battle of Blair Mountain it became a household name in America society. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain

just alil history lesson for all the "Immigrants" :D

You actually told me that a few weeks ago. But before that I had no idea and I now feel enlightened and a bit less like an ignorant immigrant. :) And thanks to you, visiting West Virginia is now on my bucket list!

EDIT: And how ironic is it that it was once used to describe a left-leaning fraction of the Democratic party? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

You actually told me that a few weeks ago. But before that I had no idea and I now feel enlightened and a bit less like an ignorant immigrant. :) And thanks to you, visiting West Virginia is now on my bucket list!

EDIT: And how ironic is it that it was once used to describe a left-leaning fraction of the Democratic party? :)

how did i know that you would like the democratic part :D

eventho theres not much everyday stuff to do in WV(cept for flying) theres actually quite a bit of tourism going on here.

njswede

150cc
how did i know that you would like the democratic part :D

eventho theres not much everyday stuff to do in WV(cept for flying) theres actually quite a bit of tourism going on here.

the funny thing about politics is that I'm pretty far to the right on a European political scale, whilst being considered almost a lefty here.. :)

Yeah, I googled some mountain hiking trails and it looked amazing.

I really wish there was a function for continuing a thread in a different forum. Gyro, feel free to move to a more suitable forum!

wedoitall

yea feel free.

i would recommend everybody to try out whitewater rafting also. it sounds dangerous but trust me, its not really. its a blast.

quadracer

100cc
yea feel free.

i would recommend everybody to try out whitewater rafting also. it sounds dangerous but trust me, its not really. its a blast.

I ride motorcycles through east TN and NC a lot, and there's a section of US129 that runs along the Cheoah River, always people rafting on there. I thought about trying it, then after fishing in that river a few times, I realized the water temp never gets much over 50°. I'll pass on that!

njswede

150cc
I did some rafting in the Delaware Water Gap a few years ago and I loved it. A wet suit is a must if you're not related to polar bears, though.