• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Show Me the Biplanes!!!!

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Lets try this again,

It's not mine, but I wish it was. It's a Miles Reed Weeks Solution X built back in 1994 and recovered last year. Engine is a 3W70 B2 that still had the original spark plugs in it when he took the cowl off to repaint it. It belongs to a Buddy of mine and it is without a doubt the best flying biplane I have ever seen, bar none ! ! !

004 (2).JPG

007 (2).JPG

Much better

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Lets try this again,

It's not mine, but I wish it was. It's a Miles Reed Weeks Solution X built back in 1994 and recovered last year. Engine is a 3W70 B2 that still had the original spark plugs in it when he took the cowl off to repaint it. It belongs to a Buddy of mine and it is without a doubt the best flying biplane I have ever seen, bar none ! ! !

View attachment 48912

View attachment 48911

Much better
VERY NICE. Me likey

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks Fella's. It is a sweet airplane. Do you guys have a plane that never fails to put a big grin on your face every time you fly it? That's the way this one is with Earl. He keeps te ling me it is the best flying plane he's ever built (and that includes the Carden you see in the back of his truck in the top picture. I have always wanted one and there was a guy who used to sell the plans and stuff, but he stopped offering them YEARS ago. Another Buddy of mine has the plans for the 150cc size Solution X, but that is one BIG biplane and a bit too big for me.

DaleW2

New to GSN!
IMG_2066.JPG
IMG_2095.JPG

50% Pitts Model12. 3W-275 CS TS. Just about finished the recover with LG cuffs and wheel pants left to do. Covering is Royal Blue Monocote, with most all of the black being Rustoleum hi temp engine paint (rattle can) and the matching blue (cowl, landing gear, wheel pants & cuff) & white (checker fading on the sides) being Nason FulThane. Lettering is from Nora at Dillards, who does Gregs FS Wolf Pitts lettering. Radio gear has been changed out to JR 28x driven RG731BX receivers (2) and JR X-Port Duos (2) powered by DuraLite 5000ma A123s (2) and DuraLite 2500ma A123s (2) for ignition. All the Hitec servos remain, but I added 2 more in the tail for elevator. I hope to get this wrapped up soon and get a remaiden and a few flights in before it makes its return to Joe Nall in May.
Dale