• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Shizznit Happened

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Robotech;6369 wrote: Hope you heal quickly. Glow ignitors have to be one of the top reasons for fingers in the prop.

Ain't it the truth? I have a:having-a-nightmare: every time I watch one of the "glow guys" string his igniter from his box around the front of the plane where the prop can snag it, or they have to reach to remove it. Eeek.

Mikeq

150cc
Robotech;6369 wrote: Hope you heal quickly. Glow ignitors have to be one of the top reasons for fingers in the prop.

yeah that and beer...last time I went to the ER I was tuning my OS25 Battle axe in the garage after having a few beers and believe me I learned my lesson:miserable:...but that's been a few years ago now...stick my fingers in what I'm swigging now and something coming off...

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
By the way, here is the post-op picture. You don't want to see the pre-op picture, especially at dinner time!

6624=2614-image.jpg
6624=2614-image.jpg

Mikeq

150cc
Hope you recover fast rcbobp...forgive my post about the social finger typing and I certainly hope this injury doesn't affect your livelihood.

rcbobp

70cc twin V2
Forgive, didn't take any offense, but thanks for your message. No real work problems, other than my staff who will make fun of me for not following their directions. They say when I'm off I should be sitting by a pool, under an umbrella relaxing. That ain't gonna happen!

Patroller

70cc twin V2
Ouch, sorry about your hand. I feel for you. I lost concentration back in January this year while starting my EF 78 Extra. That plane has a VVRC 40 twin engine in it. I forgot to restrain it like I usually do. It jumped forward and bit my right hand. The force of the prop actually broke the arm. Good think the Ortho doc was an RC plane fan. He took good care of me.

I always carry an extra first aid pack in my jeep for accidents like this. Fortunately the only one person at the field that needed it recently was me!