• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Share your Trailer Ideas Here

Thanks.. I have put alot of hard work into it the last few week. It's gona be nice.. plan on spending plenty of weekends in it this summer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Vent fans are in

fc616137d4d4e79e79c2950838a0a8a5.jpg

njswede

150cc
Home-built 6x8 trailer I bought from a buddy. Maybe not the prettiest, but perfect for towing behind a small car. Volvo S60 T5, 250hp. I barely notice I'm pulling it. I can fit my 104" Slick with rudder on (with one inch to spare) and a 50cc along with a few smaller 50-60" planes on the top shelf. If I take off the stab from the big Slick, I could probably fit the Slick, a 50cc and a 30cc on the lower level. All in all, the perfect trailer for a smaller car.

slick trailer.jpg

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
I built something very similar on a cheapo HF 4x8 trailer. Had less than $500 in it total. I could haul 2 30% planes plus a couple of profiles with ease. Small enough that I could tow it with my Jetta. Don't have that one anymore and if I do it again I'll get something like a 7x16 cargo trailer with solar PV and lights.

My wife walked out to my trailer today looked in it and said.. Damn honey you got this thing looking like a mini apartment... utoh hope that isn't a hint lol

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
trailer.jpg
I finally got it and wanted to share my excitement. Originally I was going with a 7x14 twin axle. Yet, I got to thinking... Do I "REALLY" need something that big? I am pretty sure I can get at least 7-9 planes in something a little smaller. Sooooo..... I went with a 6x12 with extended height. Now besides the Suk, the PAU, the Hempel.... I have yet one more project.... Oh why oh why do I do this to myself? LOL.

Probably going to build a second tier with a wing tier above the second. Some eye level cupboards with stereo and a little bit of GSN bling. The Hempel fits nose to tail, with two 40%'ers on the floor.... Second tier will be two 35%'ers and two 30%'ers comfortably. I am so excited for this years flying.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Nice! Need to put some solar panels on the roof and a few batteries and set it up with lights and charging stations!
Yup....my son and I are drawing up some plans for what we want for all that. We have two Hitec X4 chargers plus a variety of other chargers as well. My truck is already set up with an Aux. battery tray. I think I will wire that battery for just trailer demands. Thinking I am going to wire it with at least one or maybe two A/C outlets so I can plug into shore power. Then I can utilize either charging circuits.