• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D servos what kind? ?

Hello I have aeroworks 30cc 260 and I have big yak55 with s6030,s great servo but does anyone know of a servo like that but not so costly I know they are not that expensive but I am living on fixed Income Because I disabled. And the army only Pays very little. Anyway just wanted to know if there a servo savox or something like that but doesn't cost so much I know you get what you pay for just looking for a little break. Thanks

Madinpensacola

70cc twin V2
I can totally understand. First off I'd say ensure whatever you decide that they're metal geared and meet minimum torque requirements stated by the model manufacturer. Beyond that, it's a search and compare mission you're on. I'd start with RedwingRC as they seem to have a selection that may fill your needs of servo brands I'm not necessarily familiar with and yet they swear by them for all of their 30cc gassers. Here's a link. Good luck! :). http://www.redwingrc.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_6_12

giddyuperic;15316 wrote: Hello I have aeroworks 30cc 260 and I have big yak55 with s6030,s great servo but does anyone know of a servo like that but not so costly I know they are not that expensive but I am living on fixed Income Because I disabled. And the army only Pays very little. Anyway just wanted to know if there a servo savox or something like that but doesn't cost so much I know you get what you pay for just looking for a little break. Thanks

Sorry to hear of your disability, but thank you for your contribution to the greatest nation around!

I have a friend who is flying the Savox SC-0251 on a 33% Yak. It is a 222 oz servo on 6V, and is reasonably cost effective at $41/servo, according to the savoxusa website. The small down side is that they are a tad bit slow at .18/60*.

We have a Savox dealer here, his name is [MENTION=142]Bemeson[/MENTION]. He is excellent to work with, and is always very prompt with answers to questions. This would be a one for him to be involved with.

I think I still have a pair of JR 2721 (analog MG, 150oz/.15 transit at 6V) servos that I'll never do anything with. Let me see what I have, and what I can do for you. I let a friend of mine fly these servos in a 50cc SBach, and he flys nothing but wide open throttle with that airplane. Servos never faltered or anything. I did set them up tho, as for him not to have any issues.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
As a fellow veteran I say thank you for your sacrifice and hope the remainder of your days are filled with people who care and actually help you.

Not to distract from who may be helping but Blue Bird has a wide variety of cost conscience servos starting at around 20$ for 120oz torque metal gear, dual BB, 25 tooth spline. Darn good servo for the money.

Kelly Davis MMC(SW)USN ret.