• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Servo Power Board

SnowDog

I saw this servo power board from ServoCity mentioned:

http://www.servocity.com/html/servo_power_boards.html

so I took a look, but I'm having trouble figuring out how it works...it appears that the connections are staright-through connections, but that doesn't make sense. If all three leads coming from the RX are connected to this device, then how is the RX isolated from the higher voltage of a (for example) 7.4v battery? I'm missing something obvious I'm sure...any insight is appreciated.

Does anyone have one of these? If so what is your experience with it?

ServoCity

ServoCity
GSN SPONSOR
The power is not shared between the pin-outs going to the servos and the male leads going to the Rx. When power is applied to the large solder pads on the Power Board, it feeds that voltage to the servos and not to the Rx. Hope this helps! If you have additional questions, our techs would be happy to help out (tech@servocity.com or 620-221-0123). Thanks!

SnowDog

The power is not shared between the pin-outs going to the servos and the male leads going to the Rx. When power is applied to the large solder pads on the Power Board, it feeds that voltage to the servos and not to the Rx. Hope this helps! If you have additional questions, our techs would be happy to help out (tech@servocity.com or 620-221-0123). Thanks!

Actually, I am happy to share that I pulled the trigger on this power board a month or so ago and it works so well in my 71" Slick that I purchased another one for my 84" Bigfoot and it is working very nicely in both of these airframes! My Airtronics receivers are only rated up to 6.6v and I wanted (needed) to run my Solar D771 servos at 7.4v, so this power board was/is the perfect solution for me!

Thanks guys for an awesome and simple product!

-Mike

SnowDog

So how does it regulate the power

I don't think it regulates anything, just passes through.

Correct - the power board does not regulate any power. What I forgot to mention in my earlier post was that I have a 6v regulator between the power board and my RX which is regulating the power to the RX (only - not the servos - the servos get their power from the board).

That is one reason this board is so nice (for me anyway) - you can configure it in a number of different ways based on your requirements.