• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Servo Arms

What servo arms do you use?

• Total voters

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
So everybody uses servo arms right? Right?? :confused??:

So what kind of servo arms do you use?

-Stock cheapie plastic
-Heavy duty plastic
-Aluminum
-Other (explain)

slowgto

30cc
Most of the time aluminum... except for the throttle, then I use one of those hybrid fiberglass-composite-plastic jobs. In my head it makes sense as it keeps the vibrations down on the throttle servo.... real world I have no clue.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
How do the HK aluminum arms hold up?

Look just like the SWB's but fit the splines better. Tension screws are 2 mm though and not 4-40. Mine have been doing fine in my 104. The current ones should hold up well and now come in many different styles. Purple one is on my purple edge! lol
Edge.jpg rudder.jpg

Last edited:

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I agree with Dimes.........the HK arms have been holding up very good and I haven't had any reservations using them up to a 120cc size ARF.....only because that's the largest ARF's I've owned.

The pic on left is the style I've used the most. That style is anodized a color to help ID it for the servo output shaft; purple is Futaba (23T), there are silver and gold for other shafts with a different tooth count or diameter than Futaba.